The great unemployed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flowerpower

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not posted for a while so though I would. I wanted to see if I could use this forum as a networking tool as well as keeping up with current S1K news.

I have been out of work now for about 7 months and have tried finding work through agencies, web searching, word of mouth, etc, but 90% of the time, I'm not even being contacted back, despite my follow-up calls. Now I'm no numpty, I have many skills and have never had trouble in the past finding work. I have tried asking for help from the government, but all the want to do is get me to sign on, look for work and visit them every week to prove that's what I have been doing! I might as well not sign on, carry on looking for work and not waste the fuel getting to the job centre?

Am I the only one having trouble or are other people finding the same?

Any help, advice or recommendations would be welcome by me and probably other people in a similar situation reading this post.

To make things worse I bought an S1K when employed to convert for the track which is half way there, but it's been sat under my stairs since doing the initial 550 miles. I have to sit on it every so often and imagine I'm riding it! lol

Many thank for reading my rant and I hope something comes out of it.

Cheers all.

Matt.

Good luck fella, these sods who spend their whole life on the dole make me sick, i wish there were more people with your ethic. I hope it comes right for you soon

Good luck with the search fella , have you tried registering with a decent agency most firms don't use the job centre anymore

Thank you all for your messages.

I have registered with the following recruitment agencies - Sammons, Grafters, Blue Arrow, Hays, Michael Page International, Sussex Recruitment, Totaljobs, Jobsite, CD Sale Recruitment, Sales Target, Jobsearch and Reed.

I might have missed some, but if you have any others to suggest then I will contact them too.

Docta13 - That could be a good idea. I will contact them today!

Best regards, Matt.

Hi Matt,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, it seems like you are really trying to get something, I hope if this can help, try to review your CV. See what key words are coming over and over in jobs you are interested in and make sure they are well exposed in your CV, they way your CV should look is , anyone who look at it must catch most of the things they are interested in in less than 10 sec. Make it clear you deliver this information, at least you'll be putt on to be re-selected again and not just go to bin. I also found, if you put your CV online (reed jobsite etc) 7 months ago it is good to re-upload it, I think when they search for someone they put key words they are interested in + time frame when CV was updated. I hope this will help you a bit. This is not my profession to advice on this but I just wanted to help. Also some companies use agents but they put adverts on their websites as well so if it is always good to keep an eye on companies you would like to work for. If you apply directly rather than by agency you have far more chance to get the job! (company saving money)
All the best!

Loads of good advice there. You have to re-load your CV weekly on Jobsites to ensure it's getting seen as a new Bod. JobServe.com is a good sight. Have you tried modelling several CV's around specific job types. E.g. have a Project Manager CV, a Sales CV etc.

There's also elancer.com & freelancer.com. You can can bid for some work, , sell some consultancy etc. Upload a resume and make a bit of dosh Dude.

Back