NW200 Live Coverage on BBC NI Right Now

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers for the heads up mate , weather looks great this week , everytime I have went it's pissed down lol

Weather was great today. Get well soon to Ben Wilson. Last practice red flagged. Fastest man on circuit was the old but bold Michael rutter.

Bit of a nightmare week for the riders. Ryan Farquhar finally in stable condition. Ben Wilson broken leg. Bruce anstey walking wounded. Dan cooper dislocated shoulder. Nico mawhinney walking wounded. But sadly malachi mitchell-thomas paid the ultimate price doing what he loved.

the racing was shaping up to be great this year , weather too, but as you say not a great week for riders , sad about young malachi he was going to be one for the future ,he was really impressive at the cookstown, and done really well in the other nw200 races , best sport in the world but also the cruellest..... and yeah they all know the risks and nobody is making them do it , but I am sure that doesn't make it easier on all those involved.

Was down at the practice all day Tuesday and Thursday. Race night Thursday night and all day today. First chance of a rain free practice week and race day since 2009. Racing was mighty today. Real close racing. Atmosphere was fantastic. Real buzz about the place. Then the news came through of the red flag. Racing delayed by one hour. We all sat and chatted and bubbled at the York corner about how great a day it was. Then mervyn Whyte announced that the rider had died and out of respect for Malachi, family and team the rest was cancelled. I've never know an atmosphere (that was so high) crash so quickly for someone who we all barely knew. The bike riding fraternity has millions of members but we all have one thing in common, the love of bikes. We all know that some day our passion can bite us in the arse but today Malachi paid the price.
I've never met anyone on this forum but stay safe out there.

" There but for the grace of God go I "

R.I.P Malachi. Some great riders up there too look after you.

Last edited:
Back