Off to Monza today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbob

Reaction score
Well Ive turned the bike into a touring beast ::)
Ive got 8 nights of luggage , 4 of them are camping so thats 4 days food , tents , stove , airbed pillow ;)
2300 miles in front of me and thank fuck i didnt set off yesterday , wild pete , i'll look out for you fella
i will try and post some pics if me phone lasts

e0b7d6f4.jpg

Have a great trip bob. Can't see the extra padding on the seat you had last year? Take lots if pictures :)

A gs is not my cup of tea matey
Besides it would be to slow , did the napoleons pass today from Grenoble to Cannes , it's a bucket list road if you haven't been
Covered a 1000 miles in two days and it's pissed it down for most of the trip , which was wank , but it's sunny today and tomorrow and supposed to be raining for the race :(
Anyway the road today was worth it....... Awesome!!!! And the bike is even more fucking awesome
One of the lads triumph sprint blew its guts and he had get picked up to go home , which is a real shitter , anyway off to sleep look out for the union jack on the ascari

8925c4a8.jpg

81306b8a.jpg

37ac3f29.jpg

Nothings fallen off the back yet then. In fact looks like its growing. Not jealous at all. Mumble mumble

Just arrived in Switzerland after what was a joke of a race weekend
Apparently pirrellis wet tires were all shite , hence no racing and it fucking pissed down
Anyhow since travelling up Italy went on the boat over lake como and over the mountains of Switzerland
The bike is still fucking awesome
I also took a picture of aoyama after he fell off to show you how small these riders are ;)
e5671dcf.jpg

566372c4.jpg

15142a71.jpg

e9cfd843.jpg

Cheers for the pics Fatbob - excellent! Sorry about the racing though - settled down to watch it on the telly - crap! (Fatbob - don't mind me being so familiar?).

Not sure if it has been asked before or not?.... but can I ask what rack that it is you have on the back? Ventura maybe?
I have a trip to italy planned later in the year and I have a 60l roll bag to fit on the back. I have tried it during a weekend trip to Scotland earlier in the year held on with ROK straps - and while it was ok (secure 'n that) for anything longer than a weekend I do fear for the paint on the seat unit.

Thanks.....BB

Yeah buddy it's a Ventura managed to give my sliders a battering today and it feels great
I have a50 litre bag and a rack for stuff as well can't fault it
And I will be away for 9 days in total , with food as well

got back home safe , ( but wet)
I am of the opinion there are no such things as waterproof gloves , besides marigolds.
I paid big bucks for an hein gericke coat and to be fair , it let no water in at all
the bike didnt miss a beat the whole trip , 2455 miles in total.
the fuel in Italy was more expensive than here , the route napolean from grenoble to gap is one of the top 5 biking roads. I would highly recommend it 100 miles of twisties with stunning scenary , and the roads in switzerland were also quite staggering , most of the passes were shut so i had great fun pissing my mates off in the tunnels with no baffle and the quickshifter.
all in all a great experience.
I wont be doing a WSBK round again after the tire fiasco though.
Its Catalunya moto GP in a villa next year if anyones interested and I'll be sailing to Santander , France is just to fucking big ( albeit beautiful in parts)
I would urge peeps to go out and ride the tits off their bikes in Europe , I wish I'd done it years ago instead of a blip here and there.

glad you enjoyed fella despite the weather, excellant pics. if aoyama wearing a neck brace for the next race we'll know your mate squeezed too hard.

fatbob link=topic=769.msg7728#msg7728 date=1336644459 said:
got back home safe , ( but wet)
I am of the opinion there are no such things as waterproof gloves , besides marigolds.
I paid big bucks for an hein gericke coat and to be fair , it let no water in at all
the bike didnt miss a beat the whole trip , 2455 miles in total.
the fuel in Italy was more expensive than here , the route napolean from grenoble to gap is one of the top 5 biking roads. I would highly recommend it 100 miles of twisties with stunning scenary , and the roads in switzerland were also quite staggering , most of the passes were shut so i had great fun pissing my mates off in the tunnels with no baffle and the quickshifter.
all in all a great experience.
I wont be doing a WSBK round again after the tire fiasco though.
Its Catalunya moto GP in a villa next year if anyones interested and I'll be sailing to Santander , France is just to fucking big ( albeit beautiful in parts)
I would urge peeps to go out and ride the tits off their bikes in Europe , I wish I'd done it years ago instead of a blip here and there.

Glad you had a great time.
I would love to do the Catalunya trip.

Sounds like you enjoyed the riding part even if you took the great british summer with you.
I'm off on a 10 day jaunt to Austria in july taking in the gloss knockers glacier, we've all decided No motorways at all in the trip so should be fun ;D ;D

Glad to see you're back in one piece. I shall be taking your advice Bob and departing these shite shores on June 2nd to sample what the father land has to offer. make you right about the WSBK racing haven't bothered with them for years. BSB and Moto Gp are far better IMHO.

Back