Hello from Gloucester, Convince me!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
S 1000rr is top of the list but the 848 is niggling at the back of my mind and the blade is the cheapest option.
I lost the paper part of my license so can't do any test rides for 3 weeks! While this agonising wait drags out, can anyone give me a good comparison between the 3 bikes.

Cheers all.

Hi and welcome. These two machines couldn't be more different and a would test ride the 848 first as nothing will compare with the BMW.

There's very little to say apart from just wait until you test ride them. I test rode all three you've listed and some more besides... the S1R, well, you'll see. ;D

848 - imagine Jennifer Aniston then finding out she is a bloke
Blade - like robots from I robot. Superbly efficient but no soul
S1000 - bit Sally Gunnell with its wonky eyes but whip off her clothes, start her up and there you have the ride you will never forget

That's what everyone I ask is saying! Just trying to find someone to convince me not to spend 14.5k on a bike.
Interesting analogy Red, I think I see where you are coming from.
What options have you all added to your bikes and do you regret any of them, what would you consider are the essentials?

Welcome aboard
Just get the sports package and avoid the slower colours
Be sure to try and have a demo with no limiter :)
The difference is enormous , you can get em cheaper than 14.5 too , I know this cos I nearly bought another one yesterday

Hello and welcome.. I'm no sales man but try all of them & i will guarantee that you'll be gob smacked by the s1k, i try them all as they come out and so far nothing beats a beema above 10 tho on revs you just see you mates disappear in the mirrors & the sheer panic in their eyes when you out break them. :)

Its the only bike I've ever owned where I've shagged out a front tyre long before the rear. :eek:

i didnt test ride the 848, but i did ride the blade (when i could finally get it arranged), the zx10 and the suzie 750, which i have always been a fan of. then came the S1. they DO NOT compare. the s1 blew me away and after some negotiating on the part x ordered it. Had to play it cool to get a good deal, but if i hadnt i would have kept my suzie because the other bikes would have been distinctly second choice. welcome to the site mate

Welcome mate, not much more i can add but i've ridden a fair few bikes (1198, Blades, MV's, Gixers, Yams) but i'm a member of a S1K forum ;)

Cheers for all the info, very helpful.
I have been looking around and there seems to be no deals available (0%' dealer contribution or even money off!!!) has anyone seen or heard of any deals or are there any coming up? I would be gutted to get the bike then a month later a good deal is released.

you could try getting the best deal from your dealer and ringing some other dealers up and seeing if they will negotiate ?

Right, test ride tomorrow then the haggling starts. I get the impression that they know they have an A1 product and can sell as many as they can make at the moment. Is that the case?
I will make me feel very I'll to hand over screen price, I know Nick on another thread has asked similar questions but what did others get thrown in, accessories, money off the bike etc?

Agree with all the above.
Had a 1098s Tri, with an order placed for the new panigale tricolore.........a friend works in a BMW dealership and gave me the keys for a test ride. The rest is history, it blew me away that much I cancelled my panigale, and placed an order for the 2012 model that day!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Right, never did get on the test ride a few weeks back. I have managed to spare a few hours tomorrow so will have the bike for 1 or 2 hours.
Short of a disaster, I think the ride is just to make sure I fit the bike and it is not one of those bikes that for whatever reason isn't for me.
I will post back tomorrow and let you all know what I thought.
I'm going for the heated grips but nothing else. I have seen acro and yoshi slip ons for a lot less than BMW want so will get that in the future if I decide I want it.
Fingers crossed.

I had a blade for 3 years, then went and test rode the beema ......... Thanks I will have 1 of them ! Awesome bike

You won't regret it if u buy 1

Latest posts

Back