Hi from Surrey - Blade to S1k

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dartanion

Reaction score
Hi to you all

New to to forum and new to the BMW S1K having just chopped in my blade at Vines in Guildford.

Not much to report yet as the constant rain has kept the bike in the garage for most of the last two weeks.

Looking forward to taking her over to the TT this year - let me know if anyone else is planning on travelling over and maybe we can hook up for a blast over the mountain and a beer (probably best in that order).

Cheers for now.

Hi and welcome to the forum

I know it's not nice but miles are miles when your running it in, even if they are in the rain. Nah second thoughts maybe not ::) ;D

What have you got planned for bolt on extras?

Enjoy the site mate

Cheers Rich

welcome mate, if this rain keeps falling maybe we should all chop the bikes in for jet ski's. enjoy the site, some good people on here and i found it really useful especially at first

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Running in not an issue as this is not a new bike - this one is 20 months old and the previous owner very kindly did all of the running in for me - in fact it has only covered 1100 miles in total so should just be starting to loosen up now.

Planning to run it standard for a while and get a feel for the ride and then will probably do the usual with a yoshi or akra can or full system with pcv (I was thinking of the Austin pipe but have been put off a little by some of the comments on this forum about the quality of finish, which is a shame) - I have to say that the exhaust note is a little quiet and civilised for my liking.

Also need to sort out some sort of luggage facility for travelling - if anyone has any suggestions then please get posting!!

Cheers for now.

Welcome to the forum.

Ventura luggage for me. You don't need to worry about sticking gaffer tape on the tail section to protect it.

Allan

Hi,just joined myself after trading in blade for new BM,plenty of topical stuff on here & help !
I use kriega luggage 1x20 & 1x10 is plenty for extra long w.end & totally waterproof, amazing how much stuff you can get in these bags.They make strap for bm so can also use as tank bag. Enjoy the site.

BONEY link=topic=763.msg7298#msg7298 date=1335540428 said:
Hi,just joined myself after trading in blade for new BM,plenty of topical stuff on here & help !
I use kriega luggage 1x20 & 1x10 is plenty for extra long w.end & totally waterproof, amazing how much stuff you can get in these bags.They make strap for bm so can also use as tank bag. Enjoy the site.

Boney I had that Kriega set up and used it in France last year. Due to the stupid shape of the pillion seat I found it was a complete pain which is a shame because its been excellent on my other bikes. I have since flogged them and deciding what to go for next.

Hi mate & welcome,
Im also an ex blade owner, there's plenty on here who have made the same switch. In regards to cans....... im not a full system bloke (and lots on here would have me shot for it!) but for what it's worth, i test rode an S1K with an akra can last yr and didn't think that much of it esp given the price. I've just got a yoshi r55 which sounds much throatier. Never going to give the venom of a system but plod around here is such a twat i don't need that attention. Happy riding

unionjack link=topic=763.msg7301#msg7301 date=1335545719 said:

Boney I had that Kriega set up and used it in France last year. Due to the stupid shape of the pillion seat I found it was a complete pain which is a shame because its been excellent on my other bikes. I have since flogged them and deciding what to go for next.

Same here UJ. I had the US20 and 2 US10s. Sold them now cos they dont work on this pillin seat.

Godzilla link=topic=763.msg7305#msg7305 date=1335556269 said:
unionjack link=topic=763.msg7301#msg7301 date=1335545719 said:

Same here UJ. I had the US20 and 2 US10s. Sold them now cos they dont work on this pillin seat.

Mmm still got 50 quid for them which will go towards something else. Kept one US10 back just in case.

+1 to Kriega being no good for this bike. I had a US20 and two US10s. Sold them and used the money on the new tail light!

welcome aboard
off to europe for 9 days next week , i like the ventura system , and you dont feel the weiight till your at a decent lean angle and its solid
I'll post a pic of it on monday :)

Thanks for all the welcomes and particularly the comments on luggage.

I have some kreiga gear and as others have said, it is def not a solution for the BM. The bags connect stuff looks good, so might investigate this more, that or the ventura kit maybe.

fatbob link=topic=763.msg7316#msg7316 date=1335624973 said:
welcome aboard
off to europe for 9 days next week , i like the ventura system , and you dont feel the weiight till your at a decent lean angle and its solid
I'll post a pic of it on monday :)
Hi bob - pic would be good to see how it looks on the BM - what system did you opt for?

Back