2nd club round at Donington 9-10 April

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Mixed weekend, drove up on the thurs for Friday testing, 3 hr journey took me 6 hrs ! You wouldn't believe the idiots on the road during the heavy showers, no wonder there were so many accidents......
Did Friday a.m to get some track time in and remember which way the circuit went as it was 12mnths since I was there. All ok, no moments but wasn't pushing it, unlike some who went down and ruined their weekend. Friday p.m rained on and off, decided to keep it in the garage as I already had a good wet setting and wanted to keep it in one piece for the weekend.
Saturday morning was dry, my class wasn't out until about 11 for the 1st of two races, so just tinkered and double checked pressures etc.
So many crashes that race schedule was way behind, eventually got out on the grid and completed the sighting lap. Lined up for the start, lights went out and had a good start, all funneled into turn 1 then on to craners when a rider went down big time through the left hander, this brought the red flags out...
Sat back on the grid for 15mins waiting for the clear up and medics to sort it when it started to rain, great ! Got sent back to change onto wets while the next race was run, we had 20mins, bit hectic ! Good thing about the '15 is my wet setting took about 2mins to change int lol

Out for sighting lap in the wet, back on the line then lights out for the start, link to the vid .... https://youtu.be/jsQz7Q7GqGA

12 races were lost due to the bad crashes and stoppages so no more for me that day. Saturday was finished off with a barbi a few beers and a few stories !!

Sunday was dry and all races completed and I got to go home in one piece which is always a bonus . link... https://youtu.be/9jojiRdtbPo

Well done and thanks for the post ;).

So many crashes. Was it simply the changing conditions or are there a lot of nutter rookies?

Going to have a proper watch of your onboard tomorrow, having a waz around Donington soon, I know the track well but need to find more speed!

Last edited:
Well done and thanks for the post ;).

So many crashes. Was it simply the changing conditions or are there a lot of nutter rookies?

Mainly changing conditions but the fast boys have something to prove to each other as well :) (in all classes) I'm past proving anything to anyone except me lol

Back