Virgin on the insane

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rr1diz

Reaction score
hello everyone...

apart from some replies on some recall threads i'm a newbie to forums and indeed to BMW motorcycles, have had loads of BMW cars and currently have a 535d M-sport and a 520d M-sport....some power and some economy!!
i have always been a Yamaha rider through and through (apart from a few years on Gixxers) guess i stuck with Yamaha following my insane intro to 'big' bikes when i passed my test way back in the dark ages and got a RD350 YPVS, the hyper stroker accompanied by a teenage 'no fear' attitude was the ultimate combo...never to be topped i guess.
for the past 12 years i have ridden R1s.... 2000 / 2005 / 2009 but was disapointed that Yam only decided in their wisdom to add traction control and a very few cosmetics to the '12 model. with this in mind i have decided last minute dot com to go for a S1000RR....although it was a toss up between that and a Panigale...trouble is with the Duke..where do you draw the line, base model £14,995 up to full blown bling £23,945 (and more i guess if add further extras. so a base model Duke is just short of my S1000RR....
well, i was due to pick the S1K up on saturday 21st (just gone) but got the dealer call Friday lunchtime....to say i'm not too chuffed hey...its only circa 6wks till the IOM TT, so its fingers crossed they lift the stop by then and have the bikes sorted....it will be pants to ride a restricted bike to the IOM but even worse to have to catch a lift pillion. :'(

Hi and welcome to the forum

Fingers crossed you get it in time mate

Enjoy the site

Cheers Rich

Hello and welcome,

try not to be too disappointed (yet), better to get your Bike fighting fit rather than an Unexploded time Bomb...

You could always do the running in over a weekend if push comes to shove,

good luck mate

Phil

Back