My BMW S1000RR Sport 2015

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 687

Reaction score
I actually bought my bike in May 2015 and have realised as we approach its first birthday that I would like to share and document the journey. Its without doubt the best bike I have ever ridden on road and track and like the rest of you; I simply could not be happier being the proud owner. I will also post pictures of all the parts added, track day reports and my own opinions on anything else!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
So had some issues posting yesterday but up and running now!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    985.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 219
Very nice. I have the forged wheels which look shite compared to the standard variants.

Thanks for all your comments! It's a work in progress and the bike looks quite different now to what you are seeing but I will be up to speed with pictures and information soon. @Marzy - I did not go for the forged wheels as I figured the difference in feel at my level would be negligible plus I preferred the finish on the standard. @alex - I opted for simple upgrades when I first bought the bike; HP Levers and Rearsets, GB Racing Protection, Evotech Tailtidy (but have since added a slightly smaller number plate) and R&G Tank Pad Grips. I did not like the weird circular cut out on the R&G grips which was then conveniently filled with their own marketing but it?s a small thing and I got over it fairly quickly. @powders - I use the paddock stands for track but in the garage I have Bike Tower Lift which is effortless to use. I will post up some pictures soon.

Attachments

• 5 HP Lever.jpeg
    5 HP Lever.jpeg
    813.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 6 HP Rearset.jpeg
    6 HP Rearset.jpeg
    884.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 7 GB Racing.jpeg
    7 GB Racing.jpeg
    927.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 8 Evotech Tailtidy.jpeg
    8 Evotech Tailtidy.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 9 R&G Tank Grip-min.jpeg
    9 R&G Tank Grip-min.jpeg
    912.8 KB · Views: 193
I was hitting 59 deg of lean at Almeria without any clearance issues on standard pegs, but those rearsets do look the biz.....

I was hitting 59 deg of lean at Almeria without any clearance issues on standard pegs, but those rearsets do look the biz.....

Haha nice, I am off to Almeria next week for my yearly break away from reality!

Took the bike to Brands in July 2015 for its first track session. I know the circuit fairly well as have been there on previous bikes (Honda Fireblade, Ducati 899, BMW S1000R) and can honestly say I was actually blown away; not just by the power but the control. I did not push too hard as wanted to get a feel for the bike and see what it can do but even after the sighting laps I felt more at ease on this bike than anything previous! No modifications at this stage apart from adding BMW fork protectors which you can just make out on the picture. Finally I have never ridden on Metzeler tyres before and this bike came with Racetec K3's - I was really surprised and happy with the grip. I went there without tyre warmers as I rode to the track and they warmed up very fast.

Attachments

• 11 Brands - Fork Protectors.jpeg
    11 Brands - Fork Protectors.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 10 Tyre-email.jpg
    10 Tyre-email.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 118
I joined up with Tyco BMW for their track day at Donington in September 2015. I remember turning up thinking how my bike was now excelling on track and it would be great to see how it does at Donington....of course everyone else was on HP4s and RRs of all types so suddenly you don't feel that special! Anyway it was a great day, I felt like I was really starting to get some pace and the bike was so responsive. Still had not played with the traction or suspension and was just riding it with the presets...only modifications were the addition of tyre warmers and a HP Race Kit, which basically means the mirrors and front indicators can be removed and filled with some mini plates (although to remove the indicators you need to remove the fairing and I could not be bothered with that so left them on). Also there is a really nice rear plate which covers the holes left when removing the reg plate holder.

Attachments

• 14 BMWs.jpeg
    14 BMWs.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 12 Tyco-email.JPG
    12 Tyco-email.JPG
    486.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 13 Track-email.jpg
    13 Track-email.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 15 Race Kit-email.jpg
    15 Race Kit-email.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 111
Nice bike. I think the 2015 body just looks sharper. As for the end can....well it's eas to change is the best I can say about that!
hey, I as at the same BMW day as you last year with focussed evens! I was down the end with British touring car legend Tim Harvey....maybe not a legend, but anyone that raced a Volvo estate in touring cars has a certain disrespect to the norm. He's good on a bike too!
heres a couple of snaps of me on the day. Bike was acid green then before I bought her some new clothes!If you like the racetecs and you're in south London and want some Pirelli supercorsas I can get you some fitted. Ex superstock scrubs. Better than the racetecs and control tyre for bssl let me know, got a few Contacts still in he race game:lemo:
http://
http://

Last edited:
Hi Pete, I think I remember your bike! Cheers for heads up on tyres, I actually just bought some SPs for Almeria - am off next week. Am trying to get up to speed on here before I go...just a few more pictures to post!

I was commuting in and out of London throughout the winter of 2015/16 and was pleased to find that this bike can handle anything. Whether track days, road rides, or commuting - nothing phases it and I feel so planted whatever the conditions. I have had so many bikes and whilst this is easily the most powerful it is also actually the safest. Due to the commutes and the fact I fancied a colour change, plus I knew there are many track days to come in 2016 - I decided to get the bike wrapped. Its a matt satin finish and here are some pictures. I am really pleased with the quality of the work and the look of the bike.

Attachments

• 16 Wrap 1.jpg
    16 Wrap 1.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 17 Wrap 2.jpg
    17 Wrap 2.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 18 Final 1.jpg
    18 Final 1.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 84
  • 19 Final 2.jpg
    19 Final 2.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20 Final 3.jpg
    20 Final 3.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Looks really nice in matt. Get that big ugly can changed !

Haha nice...yes the can now looks worse as the matt black finish highlights it....am off to Almeria next week. Prefer to track out there with the old can and then will come back and get a black AR can!

Last edited:
Almeria..... My ashes will be scattered there...Love the place along with Mojacar.

Back