Unloading front forks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
I'm going to be fitting the 2d front fork sensor. The instructions require the front forks to be completely unloaded.

I think I have a suitable piece of apparatus to use as an arm to hoist up the front of the bike with ratchet straps.

Where is the best place to run the straps through the bike? I was thinking of the fork bridge but worried in case it puts anything out of alignment or breaks. I saw a tyre fitter do it to a previous bike that way.

Suggestions / advice on that and anything regarding the sensor fitting appreciated.....

Ahh you did get it!
Frame stands are really helpful for all front end work.

- Sent from Mobile Device

There would be a lot if swear words here but I'm showing some restraint.

Got the job done, just needed to get the front suspension unloaded to make the final measurement for the sensor and my master plan failed - so abba superbikes stand with the front thingy ordered. Play will have to wait until it arrives.

:(

I got the abba superbike stand today with the additional bits to lift the front. Took me a while to get it all in place and like with most things it will take a bit of getting used to. However, for around ?140 it is very useful having it as I can have both wheels off the ground with all suspension unloaded, eek. I'll be using it for the bigger jobs on the front, paddock stands still win for general speed and ease of use.

2d sensor fitting is turning into a bit of a faff only because I'm determined to keep the maximum movement in the steering which will require some lateral thinking....and Google.

Back