MotoGP - 2016 - Discussion with Spoilers - Every Race of 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Here's the thread for MotoGP 2016 - Spoilers are included - view at your own risk!

Thread rules.
1. As posts you make on the forum are part previewed on the app etc please be courteous to the fellow forum users by adding these 4 lines to the top of any post in here.

##########################MOTO GP#############################
# Qatar {Location}
# 2016 {Year}
# Moto2 {MotoGP Race}

Last edited:
# Qatar {Location}
# 2016 {Year}
# Moto2 {MotoGP Race}

Now this should be hidden - should there be a limit on the number of jump starts before a restart is called? If you can prove a bike was stationary and still in the start box, how can it be a jump start?

Last edited:
Guess it depends on the device. It's a char limit view after all. Some peeps will have to find some self control ;)

# Qatar {Location}
# 2016 {Year}
# Moto2 {MotoGP Race}

Now this should be hidden - should there be a limit on the number of jump starts before a restart is called? If you can prove a bike was stationary and still in the start box, how can it be a jump start?

Anyway, whats this about a jump start. I fell asleep several times last night trying to watch it so probably missed a lot of the good stuff?

# Qatar
# 2016
# Moto2
Anyway, whats this about a jump start. I fell asleep several times last night trying to watch it so probably missed a lot of the good stuff?

About 7 bikes in the Moto2 jumped the start including Sam Lowes. Sam and Rins both only jerked a fraction and were stationary in their boxes when the light actually went out, they, Zarco and 2 others got ride through penalties. Morbidelli went about 2 feet forwards, didn't stop and wasn't give a penalty till there were 2 laps to go at which point he had 20 seconds added to his race time (along with Corsi). The ride through was a much harsher penalty. So basically 7+ riders fluffed the start. Then race control fluffed the penalties and all in all we were left with a race which never happened. Rins, Lowes recovered to 8/9 which was a good effort. Marquez (Alex) said he thought the lights flicked/dimmed) on the line and that's what caught everyone out. It's not evident on reply but the human eye is more sensitive.

Last edited:
poor dovi, taken out, two in a row no fault on his part.......

Cal needs to sort it out. Stop chasing/risking it all. Get some points on the board!

your spot on alex he's having some time just staying on the bike just now..... had a wee chuckle when he tried to hop Bradley's bike..

your spot on alex he's having some time just staying on the bike just now..... had a wee chuckle when he tried to hop Bradley's bike..

Aye getting hit by a spinning bike on its side would certainly ruin more than your weekend.

I remember Peter Hickman being super lucky to escape with both legs unscathed at Macau GP a couple of seasons back. Video link below:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TL6svLD752s

JimmyMac

bloody hell Jimmy I remember that! close one , glad to see Peter doing well , he was great on the roads last year...

Re: MotoGP - 2016 - Discussion with Spoilers - Spain

Qualifying was interesting. Going to be a cracking race tomorrow.

Did anyone else notice Rossi taking a mouth guard out of his mouth after qualifying. Is that something he's always done?

He was wearing it last season as well soof, i noticed that so looked into it. Apparently it reduces concussion if you take a blow to the head and obviously stops you grinding your teeth, something i'm terrible for when riding. But i would feel a right numpty wearing one lol

Nice one Iain. Makes sense. When I saw it I guessed it would be something like that. It would have to be some very serious impact to need a mouth guard to protect your upper teeth from lower ones, as the helmet would be protecting from any direct impact?

Yeh i suppose the helmet would definitely take the brunt of it. Must just be an extra precaution. Either that or he is really bad for clenching his jaw. Sometimes my jaw aches the next day from riding. Don't even realize i'm doing it.

Iannone is almost half a second quicker than Lorenzo in FP2 at Mugello.

Believe Mugello has the longest straight of any MotoGP track, or certainly used to, to the Ducs advantage.

Fancy it for a rostrum this weekend

Back