Suspension set up

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bantam Steve

Reaction score
Hi I've had my bike since November and due to work and weather only used it on short runs
After taking it out for the day last week it felt like my teeth were going to shake out
The slightest bump in the road and I was off the seat
Any help to set the suspension would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Steve

Hi I've had my bike since November and due to work and weather only used it on short runs
After taking it out for the day last week it felt like my teeth were going to shake out
The slightest bump in the road and I was off the seat
Any help to set the suspension would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Steve

Try -5 front damping and rear comp and rebound, in sport mode and see how that feels.

have you set your preload?

drop a few psi out of the tyres (34f 40r) made a huge difference to mine.

No not done preload or sag
Done these on my old bikes and made a big difference
What measurements are recommended for the sag ?
And I'm guessing this is all done with the engine running?

check your riders manual page 50/51 it tells you there but BMW also made an error in book static sag on front is 5-10mm (not 34-45mm as in the book) at the rear 8-12mm (not 25-35mm as in the book) then take it from there, But as soofsayer says take a couple of psi out of front and rear tyres,
Kev

Hi Kev
Just looked in the manual and yes it does say -34...45mm for front preload and -25...35mm for rear
When I set my old bike I adjusted the rear using the lock ring on the shock in the manual it say to adjust using the preload?
What have you done?
Steve

Hi Steve in your kit you have two attachments to adjust your sag/suspention, you have to have your bike running when you adjust suspension / sag (when i bought mine brand new from the dealer the suspension was wound right out 'to the max /hard) adjust it to the settings then get out on bike and adjust it to suit yourself, get it somewhere near and the electronic suspension will smooth things out, i had to make mine softer and let a couple of psi out of tyres as i have BST wheels on and it was too harsh on the bumps but its mint now,
Good luck sure you will sort it out,

Back