Certi's 2015 S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Certi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My bike was just delivered today so thought I'd start a thread to track my time with the BMW. I've got a couple of things I'd like to do, but I'm holding off till I've got some miles on her...I've not a actually even ridden an S1000RR yet :eek-new:. My previous bike was a 2008 CBR600RR so this is going to be a pretty big step up in both power and equipment. Here's a pic of the CBR...

Anyway at the moment my bike is pretty much standard, it's a 2015 S1000RR Sport with the performance pack and is in the motorsport colours. I've added the HP clear tall screen and the HP titanium paddock stand bobbins.

The bike only has 148 miles on it so it's still needing to be run in, this'll give us an opportunity to get to know each other and for me to ease myself into all that power!

Here she is...

Nothing better than a new bike, you're going to be blown away with how it rides v your CBR, good weather this weekend get those miles in!

Nice one, hope you get some of the Indian summer we usually get in Scotland.

I've got one of those in my garage as well :)

It seems that so many people are buying these - for obvious reasons!

Well I managed to get the bike out for its first run today. Was kind of sensory overload taking in all the new stuff, the extra power and the fact I've only ridden a bike once in the last 6 months...but what a machine! Can't wait to get the limiter off and see what she can really do.

Great minds think alike! Lol. Yeah there seems to be a fair few Bairns on here.

Well I managed to get the bike out for its first run today. Was kind of sensory overload taking in all the new stuff, the extra power and the fact I've only ridden a bike once in the last 6 months...but what a machine! Can't wait to get the limiter off and see what she can really do.

He Certi

Gz for your new Ride!!!!! :courage:

The Arrow Shorty would like awesome :))))

Haha yeah I know. I've got a few things planned for the bike first, but I'll end up changing the exhaust at some point.

UPDATE

XPEL Paint protection

Got the bike back today from Ultimate Shine Autos in Stirling after having it covered in XPEL paint protection film.

I'd read that the BMW paint marks quite easily, and having seen the condition of a demo bike with 2k miles on it before I bought mine, I knew I wanted something protecting the paint on mine. I'm p
retty happy with it, for the most part you'd never know it was there and it should keep the paint looking tip top for a long time to come.

The thing that sets the XPEL stuff apart from other films is the 'self healing' properties of it. Here's a video of it in action...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6oEgfdwUU0

I've got no intentions of scraping a wire brush over my bike to test it out (lol), but it's nice to know it's there to deal with any abrasions that might be caused by the leathers or zippers.

Here's a diagram showing all the areas the kit covers, I got the optional areas as well...

S1000RR%20TPK%2015-16.jpg

There are one or two places where you can see the edge line, but that might just be because I'm looking for it. Overall it's very subtle. I'll try and take some close up pics over the weekend.

Yeah it's basically the same as Ventureshield, but obviously with the self healing. The XPEL supposedly has less 'orange peel' and more of a gloss, but I've not seen them side by side to compare.

This thread is a couple of years old but the guy gives a good review of the different films available...

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1125982

First service, ABS-Pro, Evotech

Took the bike in for its first service on Friday, finally got the limiter removed! While it was in I also got them to fit my Evotech radiator and oil cooler guards and install ABS-Pro onto the bike. It looks like a very impressive system so I thought it would be a worthwhile addition to the bike. Here's a video of the system in action...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h9MVbkpLZQ

I also put my Evotech tail tidy on today, makes the tail look a little bit neater than the standard unit.

So all in all it's been a productive week for the bike. Roll on the good weather!

Thinking about the X-pel kit for mine.....did you fit yourself, or get it done by someone else? How you finding it?

Thinking about the X-pel kit for mine.....did you fit yourself, or get it done by someone else? How you finding it?

I got it done by a company in Stirling, didn't fancy doing it myself.

Yeah I'm happy with it, you can't see it unless you're up close and looking for it. I've not really been on the bike since it was done so will have to see how it holds up over time. It comes with a 10 year warranty and I've never heard a bad word about it, so I expect it'll be fine.

Back