Picked her up today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfixer

Reaction score
Just some quick pics with my phone so not the best, picked her up a day early 8)

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

thats very nice , how do you like the sound of the QS with the system ::) ::) ::)
u got a PCV on it?

Yes it has a PC V installed, but as i pulled away from the dealers yesterday the QS wouldn't work i had to use the clutch, a long time since i did that :eek:

fatbob link=topic=93.msg362#msg362 date=1314110412 said:
what rev range have you set your QS to operate at?

I haven't touched it yet as i only picked it up at 6pm last night, the last owner has fitted some new rear sets i wonder if that has anything to do with it??
Unless he has set the rev range really high??

Well had a descent ride today..silverstone & back i did the Ron Haslam race school with some friends today. The QS just isn't working full stop im having to use the clutch which sort of defeats the object. I'll take her down my local dealer.
Can the QS be disabled or unplugged just incase the last owner did somethin??

Re your Quick Shift don't think its anything to do with previous owner.
You can change the thresholds and way the indicator light comes on , I moved mine up to 10K and set it to pulzate but this has no effect on the QS workig or not.
The manual advises against using the QS at engine speeds close to the rev limiter.
And is not available if throttle is closed , clutch pressed and downshifts.

If your not trying any of the above , which I'm sure your not it sounds like the QS unit is dead! :(

Spoke to my dealer today, she by coincidence bumped into the last owner of the bike a few days ago and asked him why the QS doesn't work, he didn't know as he never used it, he always used the clutch..apparently !! :eek:

unionjack link=topic=93.msg412#msg412 date=1314814800 said:
Wonder if the levers been adjusted by the wrong method?

Im gonna ring my local dealer tomorrow !

500tie link=topic=93.msg433#msg433 date=1314975156 said:
Bike looks nice mate hope you get on well at the dealers are your upper panels carbon fibre??

Yes everything that isn't white is CF, all done by the previous owner, still undecided on it though picking all the OE panels up this weekend.

I agree CF isn't everybodys cup of tea, i might change it at some point...when i get a bloody chance :mad:

Back