Hello All from Sydney Australia

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

r1blade75

Hi Folks - Thought I'll drop in and formerly introduce myself. My name is Peter and I'm currenty living in Sydney Australia. I've moved over the years staying in Florida, USA and Holbeach, Lincs (Turtle, just saw your profile and you're also from Holbeach too. Not sure if I know..eg, George Farmer Secondary Schoo).

I currently ride an 09 R1 and 07 Baby Strom. My current riding is a mix of 95% road/touring and 5% track days. My past bikes are as follows:

08 R1 (Fiat Edition)
99 Monster 900
04 R1
00 R1
00 996
00 ZX12r
99 ZX9R
95 Fireblade
xx RD200
xx KR1s250
xx Aprilia 50
xx AR50

Although I would say I'm a Yami guy, I've been contemplating in a S1k. I've heard and seen great results from the bike. I haven't ridden one yet, but I just might have to get myself down to the dealer for a test ride. I look forward to chatting with the guys here. Cheers!

hello peter & welcome to the forum.

I was too a Yam man had an 07 tried the cross plane crank one and hated it not only did the create the ugliest 1000cc but ruined the engine too!!
Got my s1k after being knocked off...havent looked back. Try one and see what were all banging on about!!

As above, went from being a yam man, admittedly an R6 but after riding the S1k I couldn't go back to anything else. I usually laugh at anyone that gives me stick for having a BMW, they don't know how stupid they sound 'bless them'

Test ride one, I've no doubt you'll have to have one!

Back