Gone and done it

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddevil007

Reaction score
Just bought full Akra system from Demon Tweeks. Bought the non road legal version (no cat) with the e marked carbon can with removable baffle. Hopefully turn up next week. Then lots of noise and same flames :)

Any tips on fitting. I'm not the greatest with a spanner but understand that they are fairly straightforward.

Oh and also bought the Akra carbon exhaust hanger.

Skint now but only live once.

Thats the same system as I have. There is a bolt that holds the rad bracket to the engine block. Take care with that its a real cnut.

Godzilla link=topic=710.msg6748#msg6748 date=1333817150 said:
Thats the same system as I have. There is a bolt that holds the rad bracket to the engine block. Take care with that its a real cnut.
Thanks for that. Will get bike stripped during week as Demon Tweeks are doing it next day delivery so will have middle of week and get it fitted on Saturday

Godzilla link=topic=710.msg6748#msg6748 date=1333817150 said:
You weren't joking. Right arse of a bolt. Bike all stripped just awaiting the Akra

Yeh, that rad bolt is a twat... But your beemer will be spitting thunder when you first turn it on with the Akro..

Will look to get PCv in a couple of months. BSD are local and have spoken to them and they can dyno and do custom map for the PCv.

GS TRV link=topic=710.msg6904#msg6904 date=1334260536 said:
You will need a PCV if you want the flames dude.

PCV should fuel it better, should make less flames.

Godzilla link=topic=710.msg6908#msg6908 date=1334263971 said:
GS TRV link=topic=710.msg6904#msg6904 date=1334260536 said:
You will need a PCV if you want the flames dude.

PCV should fuel it better, should make less flames.

True, without a pcv it should run leaner/hotter.

The original exhaust is a like something off a mini metro. Ive just had a PCV fitted to mine (got a full LeoVince exhaust) & a custom map done on a Dyno at Jordans in leeds. I wasn't sure it was going to be worth it until I rode it out. Amazing difference, low rev range is completely smoothed out, and throttle response is linear & smooth all the way to the red line. Even the exhaust not is more crisp, less poppy.

Update. System fitted. Yes she blows flames. Took her for a ride and it is like having a different bike. I can notice the weight loss and she is definitely faster and more responsive. Apart from some hunting of revs at tick over she fuels perfectly well. Oh and then there is the noise. I am one skint but happy bunny :)

The stock ecu will adapt slightly, however the bike will run a bit lean, and therefore a bit hot.

Start saving for a PCV or Bazzaz ;) lol

Back