WSB Donnington 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billo01

Reaction score
I always go BSB practice at Oulton Park as I feel it's good value for the entrance fee, get to see a lot more than on race day, bikes and riders etc. and avoid the big crowds. I'm thinking of going to WSB practice on the Friday at Donnington this year as I've never seen WSB up close only on Eurosport. Any idea if this is pay on the gate or can I purchase a ticket online at discount? And how much is it generally?

Cheers Ry

It doesn't look like they do practice day only entry. From their site a weekend admission ticket is required at ?58/ticket + a ?7 transaction fee :distrust:.

Donnington have updated their site with the full range of ticket prices now. It's ?10 on the gate for the Friday.

Does anybody know where I can get my hands on the practice schedule for the day so I know what time to get there?

Donnington have updated their site with the full range of ticket prices now. It's ?10 on the gate for the Friday.

Does anybody know where I can get my hands on the practice schedule for the day so I know what time to get there?

First place I would check is the WSB website, although they may not post timings until nearer the date

Weather permitting there is a BSB test at Donington on March 31st so may go and have a peak at that too

The ?10 on the gate for Friday is good news :)

Well, I went yesterday and what a great day it was, there at 8:30, ?10 in, no crowds, it was spot the riders, team managers, support crew etc. see some very tasty machinery and components. Seeing Jordi Torres rolling up first thing in the morning with his travel case, cool as you like, next thing he's going banzai on the circuit on his BM, mental.

Best place for viewing for me was Fogarty Esses, my god the speed they scrub off on entry and then watching as they're spinning the backend up on the exit was the highlight of my day. Seen Chas Davies Ducati go up in flames on first practice and they still managed to build another bike up ready for second practice. Can't believe just how loud them Ducati's are, they don't sound like a traditional Ducati, ear piercing noise.

Those who are going over the weekend, enjoy! It's fecking awesome.

I must have been near you, I dropped down yesterday and sat at the S's for Superbike practice, can't go wrong for ?10 to sit in the sun and watch bikes. Yeah those Ducatis are animals aren't they? I thought Rea and Sykes looked a cut above, those Kawasakis were just driving like hell down the loop. Did you see Ronald Ten Kate hanging around on his scooter, couldn't work out what he was looking at?

I know, I had a bit of time yesterday but not over the weekend unfortunately

I must have been near you, I dropped down yesterday and sat at the S's for Superbike practice, can't go wrong for ?10 to sit in the sun and watch bikes. Yeah those Ducatis are animals aren't they? I thought Rea and Sykes looked a cut above, those Kawasakis were just driving like hell down the loop. Did you see Ronald Ten Kate hanging around on his scooter, couldn't work out what he was looking at?

Yeh I was there at the Esses when he rolled up on his scooter. He watched Hayden flash past and went on his way again. Watched the racing over the weekend on TV and it doesn't do it justice at all.

Back