Power for sat nav

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bantam Steve

Reaction score
As the title suggests
I have the plug lead that connects to the power cable for the sat nav
I read some where that there is a power point on the right hand side by the horn
I can see the part but can not remove the cover and I don't want to force it just in case there is a different supply I should be using
Thanks in advance steve

If you've removed the fairing and found the black covered plug then yes that's it. And no I couldn't remove the cap either.

Matters not - anything you add is more likely to feck the Canbus than be any good. I got Digitek battery leads for USB...they shut off the feed if the battery level drops - ie after switch off.

The cap is connected to the plug by a small clip/tooth for retaining on one of the wide sides. If you get a small flat headed screwdriver and gently raise the plastic holding the clip the end will easily slide off without brute force.

If you look at the sat Nav plug you have and find the tooth it should make sense.

I may give it a try
I powered my old sat nav this way on my 1st S thou and never had any problems with it
I wasn't too sure though if it would be any different on the HP4 ?

Essentially it is the same steve. I tried using the same plug with my Garmin and it was fine on my hp4.

Hmm I'm wondering if I used the wrong plug now. I could access mine and remove the cap without hassle or removing the fairing.

Plug uh fitted but just didn't work. Perhaps I'll fettle a bit more the weekend

Back