Front wheel removal advice needed please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
Hi folks,
got my wheels booked in to have K3's fitted first thing in the morning, back wheel out, calipers off the front, pinch bolts slackened.................................................................
What chuffing tool do you need to undo the front spindle? It's not in my toolkit and have nothing nearly the right size to undo it. Going to have to fly out early doors tomorrow to get the right tool so if someone could let me know what i need and where i may stand a chance of getting one from (B&Q, Machine Mart etc) i'd be very grateful!
Thanks peeps

Hi just loosened all the bolts to take front wheel off and just noticed i accidently loosened off the right fork leg pinch bolts too, the bike was not up on a axle stand and i did not loosen the axle nut either have i still wrecked something?

You have to undo the right fork pinch bolts. Its the left hand fork (clutch side) you should not loosen.

Sorry i loosened them all then clicked on and tightened the left side straight back up again but will anything have moved? Even though i did'nt touch anything thanks for the reply's.

Ive got all the tools to remove the wheel it was that i had loosened the pinch bolts on the left fork leg i was worried about.

it should be ok, When i removed the front wheel i did the same as you then i realised that the left leg pinch bolts had to remain tight.
I did not disconnect the ABS sensor, just removed the callipers and then drop the wheel. Had no issues with ABS light or refitting.

Fingers crossed and i hope i don't get no abs light stopping on but knowing my luck ive probably knackered that too

I am willing to take a bet that it hasnt moved at all, and pretty sure it wont have moved out of tolerance for the ABS sensor.

just about to do my front tyre, thanks for the advice on the left hand pinch bolts, was just gonna undo the lot :shame:

Back