New GPS Receiver on the market

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that someone posted this up on FB, looks like it could be a good bit of kit

GPS Laptrigger

That is significantly cheaper than the 2D GPS Laptrigger and very good value for money. My only question would be does it come preloaded with race circuit Start/Finish line GPS data for automatic lap triggering and for what tracks. That's probably the best feature of the alternative from 2D, particularly as it works in conjunction with the HP Race Datalogger and 2D software. It would also probably explain the significantly higher price tag of the 2D product. This looks good for just a simple GPS receiver to better utilise the onboard lap timer and dash display without all the other functionality that the 2D version offers.

From this I assume you set it, crossing the line on your first lap.

"Storage of finish line: press the “SET” button in the location where one wants to store the destination, the led will stop to flash for a while and at the same moment the session will begin in the device to which the receiver is connected. "

Interesting. Thats nearly ?400 cheaper than the 2D model. Their website says demon tweeks are a dealer but its not listed i n their products.

I have just bought one from Italy(Bikerszone ?139 delivered).Demon Tweeks don't stock them.
I'll try it next week in Almeria.
I've always flicked the switch before but found at Andalucia there wasn't time!

Have you received it yet? I'm off to Cartagena soon and the bike gets dropped off next weekend.

Would be interested to here you thoughts on it when you get back

Does it not have auto start finish detect? Could be interested in one of these and sell the starlane

It's only a basic gps trigger and,when set,overrides the manual trigger.Unfortunately,it's too simple for my brain(!).
I fitted it at Almeria and tried it riding round the car park,Problem was it set the gps co-ordinate on the car park and it didn't reset on the track(though,one time, it did start on its own before I left the pit garage!).

So basically,I can't offer any more info until I try it at Snetterton as soon as weather permits.

So basically just set coordinates on your sighting laps, so do you have to then reset every session you go out?

No,once it has the signal it saves it.
I can possibly see a problem at Almeria/Andalucia where the two circuits are close to each other.
Another small issue is it takes about 5mins to locate gps satellites when you first arrive at the circuit.Once it has the signal,it stores it so then only takes about a minute.
I'll check it all out at Snet in the next couple of weeks.

Tried mine at Cartagena this week and it set it as per instructions. It worked for maybe 3 laps in one session on the third day, but that's it.
When it eventually found a signal strong enough to allow you to set the waypoint (start/finish) line, it struggled to recognise it again.
I guess you get what you pay for. I want a refund and so have contacted the vendor. Really disappointed with it.

Tried mine at Cartagena this week and it set it as per instructions. It worked for maybe 3 laps in one session on the third day, but that's it.
When it eventually found a signal strong enough to allow you to set the waypoint (start/finish) line, it struggled to recognise it again.
I guess you get what you pay for. I want a refund and so have contacted the vendor. Really disappointed with it.

Where did you locate it? It needs to see the sky ideally.

That's another issue because you need access to set the startline so it can't really go on the tank as you then risk covering it up when you're tucked in!
By the sounds of it from paz-37,maybe mine had the same problems at Almeria!

Latest posts

Back