Front wheel spindle locating bearing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy

Reaction score
Hi please advise when you take the front wheel spindle out, it mentions not to undo the clutch side pinch bolts on the bottom fork leg as it holds a located bearing in place which in turn has something to do with the front suspension . Any advise would help, as I have slackened the pinch bolts.

Hi please advise when you take the front wheel spindle out, it mentions not to undo the clutch side pinch bolts on the bottom fork leg as it holds a located bearing in place which in turn has something to do with the front suspension . Any advise would help, as I have slackened the pinch bolts.

What year is the bike?

The throttle side is the only side to loosen for sure. You're keeping the clutch side locked in to unscrew against.

The throttle side is the only side to loosen for sure. You're keeping the clutch side locked in to unscrew against.

Its a 2014 model and yes I know now you are suppose to only loosen the brake side, I have already loosened the clutch side by mistake will it cause a problem.

The pinch bolts abs ring side hold the spacer/retainer the right distance between ring and sensor, if it moves then the sensor won't pick up properly

Tommy, I did the same thing on my 2012 S1000RR when I got it, i loosened all the spindle bolts and unscrewed the spindle a good few times before I noticed. I got my mate to come round with his and put mine back trying my hardest to keep the bit that should be captive the same distance out as his then tightened it all back up.

If you want I can take a close up picture of my spindle tomorrow and send it to your phone, so you have at least got a reference?

Just PM me your mobile number if you want the help.

JimmyMac

As mentioned it does not effect suspension but it will effect distance relationship between wheel and sensor, ensure you have the air gap set correctly, too close and you will rub the sensor, too far away and it won't pick up, can't remember gap off top of my head but sure somebody will know it.

Hi Andy, just checked mine with a feeler gauge, its set at 1.1mm on mine. must be right it works!

Photos sent Tommy.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Back