Dyno Run & Mode Setting

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PhilHays

Hello All,

I'm having a PCV fitted to my S1000RR & also having it Dyno tuned at Jordans. Will the 'Mode' it's in make any difference to the tuning i.e. sport, race, slick etc. as each setting effects the power output?

Phil

Only 'rain' mode affects the power output.

Make sure ABS and DTC are turned off though.

Remember the absolute power numbers you get are not very important, just the gain from before and after the tune.

DTC & ABS off, Slick Mode... ;)

Jordan's have had to order in the PCV, so it may be a week, but I'll post the results when I get 'em.

Cheers All

andybarsblade link=topic=693.msg6604#msg6604 date=1333378977 said:
Dont know why you'd turn abs off for a dyno run? maybe it will give 5bhp extra? :D :D

because ya rear wheel is spinnig a dam site quicker than the front lol

it doesnt and it wouldnt
i think godzilla was referring to the button which has both ABS/DTC on it.
I also think the absolute number is important IMHO ::)

Why do you think the Absolute number is important?

That can vary massively from dyno to dyno, or can be different on the same dyno day to day. Or can be altered a lot but swapping tyres, or even just tyre pressure.

It was important for me as I had a benchmark of the manufacturers suggested power output ( you are correct with the conditions applying some tolerence to this , however on my first run i was 20 donkeys down on standard.
this was then corrected to get me nearer a benchmark of other S1000rr's run on the same machine.
After this the figure was improved upon through he pcv.
And besides if someone asked you what your bike is running i prefer to say 196.2bhp ( Absolute) than 2.1% up on standard it just sounds better ;D

Back