BAZZAZ Z-Fi Fuel Injection Management System

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PhilHays

Has anyone heard or got any opinions on the BAZZAZ Z-Fi Fuel Injection Management System vs Powercommander?

no matey
my mates have the systems on their track bikes with TC and love em
I gotta PCV on mine , piece of piss to use and update

Do you think it's worth the investment. I've got a full LeoVince Exhaust system on mine, it all works well. Just wondering what the percieved & actual benefits would be?

yeah its a fair question.
i also ran a bike with a full system with no pc and it was still ok.
i got one for a few reasons
1:the bike was so dear i didnt want to fuck it up
2:paying for the latest technology , most people advise one for some reason.
3: putting on the dyno was well worth it and makes it easy to tune , or put your own maps in
4: when i put mine on a dyno with the system on before set up , it had less donkeys than the standard can. ( turned out to be a wank baffle)

i missed out the fire ::)

Fair play... thanks for the advice.

I'm going to get the PCV because I know as much about mapping & tuning as my arse does about my elbow!

Have just called Jordans, they're going to supply, fit and do a full dyno run & map throughout the whole throttle range. They reckon they've tuned severall S1000RRs upto 198bhp. Cool!

Ive got the BAZZAZ fuel injection traction and quick shifter on my track bike, i had a power commander on my 2010 blade and have a power commander for the s1000rr but have not fitted it yet.

The BAZZAZ is very easy to fit as is the power commander, software on the BAZZAZ is very easy to use and can be altered in smaller increments than the power commander.
The BAZZAZ controls all eight injectors, the power commander only controls the bottom 4 injectors.
Unless you by the secondary fuel module for another £300.
Both can be updated to an auto tune system, the BAZZAZ auto tune costs less, and constantly adjusts the fuelling depending on conditions and riding style.

the BAZZAZ can have two maps and can be switched on a bar switch purchased separately.

Power commander is more widely recognised in this country and as such has more tuning centres, although more places are now doing the BAZZAZ.

I purchased my Power commander for the S1000rr at the NEC show, but looking back was no cheaper than buying it of the net.

So which you buy is your choice, I would check your local Dyno centre to see if they will do BAZZAZ

Bike HPS can advise on good BAZZAZ tuning centres as they are the UK distributer.

I like the BAZZAZ on my track bike for the traction and quick shifter but also the fuling is very good and the software is very easy.

Cheers EKDG,

That's a sound & concise explanation, good advice too.

I'm not a track racer, but ride my S1000RR everyday, through heavy traffic, country lanes & motorways etc. So on the side of consistency, Jordan Motorbikes are an official Dyno centre so I've booked it in for the PCV & a full Dyno run, tune up & mapping in one go. They said the throttle response will be noticeable smoother & less snatchy but also I'll get an extra 7bhp, not that I need anymore, but on the side of caution, it'll be healthy for the full exhaust system to be managed properly.

Phil

The power commander can also have 2 maps loaded, and swapped with a switch.

The PCV can be set up so that there is a different map for each gear.

Any one get the bazzaz and what sort of figures could you expect with a full akra race on the dyno?

ive got the bazzaz but as said before different conditions etc....mine is 185bhp with akro system but thats with the baffle fitted and slicks on a hot day.the tuner said i was loosing 10bhp with the sticky slicks on let alone the baffle.i had mine mapped with baffle as i only do uk track days so cannot be assed with the noise brigade.would get over 200bhp with road tyre and no baffle.ive also got the zafm fitted if i do decide to remove the baffle i can map it myself.(which i do on my gixer with bazzaz too)

All dyno's read differently from day to day and also from each other depending on how they are calibrated.

Really the only important use is the before and after figures to see the gain (or even more importantly a plot of before and after curves.)

Yes i understand that .

What about fitting not to keen to splice any wires.
I know pcv is plug and play but am i right that you have to tap onto the tps wire?
Also how do you conect to the gear position sensor is that a plug or wire tap?

Back