Quickshifter/blipper

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin m s/land

Reaction score
Alreet lads i took my HP4 to Proshift from Darby and got a bump and blip system fitted, (Quickshifter and downshift blipper) Don't know if any of you's had any problems with standard quick shifter but i did, had it back to dealers a few times but it was still the same, So had this system fitted i only got it back yesterday (saturday 9th jan) weather crap at the minute so i can not road test it, Its been ran for testing on paddock stands and looks mint and will be on you tube this week so when its on i will put the link on here (if you want to see it) its got a wet and dry modes on for how quick you want it to change, They are great people to deal with and know what they are talking about, If you put proshift on you tube you can see some of the bikes they have already done,
kev

Kev, I'll be very interested to see how you get on. The only reason I would ever consider changing my hp4 is to get the downshifter the new bikes have. My GS has it fitted I love using it. So if this works well I will be doing it too.

btw, never had any problems with my oe quick shifter.

Be interested to see how you like it on the road Kevin, I had an issue with mine when it was a few weeks old over at the TT, screaming in 5th gear I kicked it to go into 6th but it wouldn't go it instead it decided it would be funnier just to cut the spark and my body was launched forward and nearly over the bars. It took me a while to forget that, it really did give me a scare. The BMW dealer in the IOM said he couldn't touch it during the race fortnight as he was too busy. When home, my local dealer said nothing was wrong with it and asked me if I knew that the throttle had to be open to use it! WTF?
It got better with age and has not been problematic in the nearly 3 years Ive had it but I, like Andy would very much consider the downshift option too.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to install?

JimmyMac

my 2010 s1000rr standard quick shifter was mint with no probs at all, but my hp4 (the same as you Jim) between 5/6 sometimes it wouldn't have it and my dealer said they road tested it and was ok but also said they not allowed to go over 70mph wtf it won't do it tootling about lol, Honest lads i've been after a downshift blipper for hp4 as there awesome bikes and not just because i have one id have one over a new thou any day, (seen yours in the terminal at the tt Jim) i will be there again this year, Any way as i said it will be on you tube soon i will let you's know, the downshift blipper only works above 2.500 rpm for safety reasons and its also wired to clutch as if you pull clutch in it cancels blipper, Its a clever piece of kit, have a look on there website (Proshift) also see it on bikes on you tube

Just a thought when shifting, if you don't release the lever enough to release 5th ready for 6th the ignition will still cut when you try and shift?

I've looked into this a little bit now and on thinking about it I'm not sure I would want to lose my foot operated gear lever , pressing buttons is ok but what will my foot do ?? That would take some getting used to .
can they not have the 'buttons' connected to the rearset to keep it normal , or am I just wrong in thinking that ???
still ill put up with anything for that sexy down blippermajiggy . I WANT IT FOR MY HP4

Last edited:
You don't have the buttons on bars to change gear the button i have on my bars is for wet and dry (how fast you want it to change gear)
Went out today just to try it and its superb it changes very quick and the downshifts blipper is amazing its so smooth i just wish the weather was ok as i want to go out NOW i am soooo pleased i got it, (Alex's question its the bump and blip system, i will try to upload some photos of it on bike tomora its so small and neat (the system i mean ha)
ITS A MUST FOR A HP4 :adoration:

Sounds like a standard 2012 would benefit too ;)
Deffo mate they fit them to all bikes and cater for everyones needs, If i had a 2012 s1000rr i would get one on that, i left my bike with them for 4 days and to be honest they are great people to deal with no problems at all

What's the price? Can it be done DIY as per normal quickshifter or is it a bit more complicated??
Its a bit more complicated than bolt on it needs hard wiring and gets connected to clutch etc, sure you might be able to do it but i wouldn't as if you connect it wrong then you will blow a canny bit dosh, play safe and let them wire it up as its worth it, It feels mint,

Has anyone tried the blipper/quickshifter from italian company IRC? I have seen some good reviews on german and italian forums and are very interested myself! www.ircstore.com

Back