Police Riding Video

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYh1FWYtUA

Thought this was a good watch for road positioning.
Reaffirmed for me that those damned hatchings with broken lines are ok to use without being seen as a tw*t. I do usually cross them but feel a bizarre sense of guilt. Now I won't.

Post links if you have other similar good 'uns for advanced road riding. Accredited sources, not your mate down the pub ;)

Last edited:
Any broken white lines or hatchings are good to go over. There's a lot more to the IAM training than road positioning, like knowing the Highway Code :) for starters, but good vid on the whole. Thought the examiner was dangerously close to an oncoming vehicle at 1.05 and again a bit later on. Should always sacrifice road position for safety.

I did the IAM training and test because it was the prerequisite to joining my local blood bike volunteer group, I didn't realise how much of a better rider it was going to make me.

Riding to the system has saved me more than once from situations I would have otherwise not ridden away from. I don't know why they don't make it the road licence test and stop people dying through ignorance.

The only downside to IAM are the know-it-all beardos who dominate the groups as instructors. But it's still worth it.

True enough I should give it another read - it's been a while.

Indeed I know it's any broken line on my side, but where they introduce hatchings it's like they are saying well you can but you're being a tit! Seeing this removes that notion...without having to read :p

Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.

• If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.
  • If the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency.

Quote.....If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.
LOL. It will also be necessary won't it??

Quote.....If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.
LOL. It will also be necessary won't it??
I was informed during my advanced training that "making good progress" qualifies as "necessary" :) .....so if it's safe to do so then entering the hatched area (e.g. to overtake) is 100% legal ;)

Back