YouTube channels?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DL84

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am a bit of a YouTube addict at times particularly through the winter, does anyone have a YouTube channel they fancy sharing with the group? , bit of therapy to get through the cold dark nights looking back at the warm track days / tours / general riding vids? obviously nothing incriminating :friendly_wink:
I will start https://youtu.be/D71endC5Jg4
that's a link to a video on my channel you can get too the rest from there. happy sharing and I look forward to watching others in action :eagerness:.

cheers David

Hi Alex, that's great exactly , thanks for sharing . not an expert either it's all about the fun

David

And now for something completely different....

Over the weekend I fitted a roadhawk bullet cam to my GSA. A guy very nearly took me out on the M62 last week when I was filtering into the roadworks so I thought it was about time I fitted the camera just in case. Still cant believe I didn;t make contact with him, probably thanks to abs pro. So anyways, the cam will be on constant loop, when I get some interesting moments I will join in the fun. :)

Hi soof, I never thought to use my camera like that? , could be interesting... think it would record more of my dodgy short cuts to work than other people's bad driving tho :redface-new:

Hi Alex, had at look at your vids, there great you seem to have experienced a lot of good uk circuits, next year I fancy a trackday or two down south , which track would you recommend? I am a regular at knockhill so would prefer something a bit longer , more open and a huge straight lol :encouragement:

Last edited:
Hi soof, I never thought to use my camera like that? , could be interesting... think it would record more of my dodgy short cuts to work than other people's bad driving tho :redface-new:

Me too ;). Generous use of the edit button!

Ref trackdays down south if you want to do road bike instead of full on trackbike ones then bins (on here) organises 2 or 3 each year through the BMW club. Snet and Cadwell (which is where alex's footage is from). A handful of us from here go to them each year and they are a good crack.

lol good shout with the edit button! , I would probably prefer the road bike setup tbh , great I will keep my eye out for posts regarding this.
thanks soof.

David

Hi Alex, had at look at your vids, there great you seem to have experienced a lot of good uk circuits, next year I fancy a trackday or two down south , which track would you recommend? I am a regular at knockhill so would prefer something a bit longer , more open and a huge straight lol :encouragement:

Cheers, I've not made it to Oulten Park and Silverstone yet to complete what I'd consider to be the major UK tracks.

Silverstone is the extreme, it's wide, long and fast. Cadwell is busy and narrow but awesome in a different way. Brands GP would be great with less bikes (there's always too many). Snetterton is fast but flat. Donington great track, in the ballpark of what you're looking for. I would think Oulten and Donington should be your best bets for what you've said. Snetterton is a really good track, great visibility, gives confidence, but it's a long way.

great I will keep my eye out for posts regarding this.
thanks soof.

David

It's no bother.

The thread on the Donny road bike only day with NL a few of us did:
http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthrea...-August-Road-bike-only-trackday-with-NL/page3

And this is the thread I did on the one bins organises, this year at Snet:
http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthrea...ide-Friendly-Trackday-Monday-17th-August-2015

Should give you some good info on what the days are like. if you wanted to do one of the bins days I would suggest sending him a PM with your email address so he can send you dates etc. A few of us often arrange to get the same accommodation the night before and make a proper do of it, although the Donny 'night before' led to a very painful 'morning after' with some very sore heads and stomachs.

Hey Soof, do you think the RoadHawk gear would be good for a perma-mounted track day solution? I would like a fit and forget instead of the Drift, I'd love a multi-camera (fwd/rev) setup :)

Hey Soof, do you think the RoadHawk gear would be good for a perma-mounted track day solution? I would like a fit and forget instead of the Drift, I'd love a multi-camera (fwd/rev) setup :)

I guess it would. It's not go pro standard video but still good enough, 720p. It does time and date stamp the vid and there is no way not to do that, but if that isnt an issue then I cant see why not. If you wired it into the canbus connector via the accessory plug then it would be fit and forget. You could run one at the front and one at the rear but I'm no expert on these setups or how to sync/edit the vid. I have got mine mounted on the GS using a p clip (they come with the cam) and bolt from the front indicator, easily wired using the USB option into a din converter on the accessory socket (on the GSA it is next to the fridge and kitchen sink lol). I haven't been out on the bike this week with this set up so when I do I will post up a vid of the results.

As you use your bike for commuting also it would be a good solution for piece of mind in traffic, a 32GB sd card will do about 8 hours continuous recording.

Good stuff...it's the mounting I need to think about. Really I want to do something flush and discreet...

hi Alex cheers for the reply good info there , love the look of Donington from your vids , traction control working hard on corner exits :encouragement: , I will definitely look at Donington and Silverstone next year .

David

cheers soof I will check it out, might give the curry and beer a miss tho lol :hororr:

Have a few under banarnaman69, it's good to look back and hopefully have improved lol !! Also to watch others, can't fail to pick something up...

Back