HP4 Track Conversion

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpuss

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has converted their HP4 to track only and if there's a list or top tips of do this and definitely don't do this!?

I'm toying with the idea or maybe sell the HP4 and convert a 2012 or later S1000rr.

Is there much difference between a 2012 rr and an HP4 in terms of performance and electronics wise?

Not worried about the DDC side of the house.

Thanks

The hp4 is pretty much track ready out of the box so track fairings, crash protection, and that's it. Of course you can change endless parts if that's your thing but to my knowledge there isn't a great deal to muck about with unless you are changing the suspension and maybe the sprockets.

If you are binning the ddc then get a cheaper rr and play with that. What I like about using my hp4 on track is the adjustability via the menus rather than spanners etc. The main differences between the two are the ddc, wheels and the full akra system which gives more mid range and is lighter. I think the factory mapping may also be different because of that.

Hi

A friend and I both run HP4's as track only bikes. As stated they are good out of the box, apart from the obvious fairings and crash protection, slightly shorter gearing is better, run race pads (I run Brembo RC but they don't last long), the slick mode works great. Bin the CAT, get the bypass kit.

i am also looking at the front fork sensing kit to allow separate rebound and compression setting. Apparently it's really good.

i also run Dunlop KR's slicks, mega although I ran D212 GP Pros last weekend and they were really good.

Clip on are going on mine this winter, Lightech +20mm.

if you can run it as a track bike, do. The suspensions mega.

Lovely answer just what I was after, thanks very much.

I've done a couple of trackdays on it after bashing a 600 and a ducati 999s around on track for a few years so haven't dialled into it properly. I quickly bounced off the TC and ABS in sport and race. I didn't try slick mode though as wanted to suss out the other modes and get a feel for the TC etc plus it's my road bike and I always ride them differently on track compared to a track or race bike!

I need to give up the road before it 'gets' me, I'm getting older now and after so many years of road riding know the odds of finally losing my licence or having a crash that changes things permanently are improving! F*** me I've suddenly gone sensible, ish! I've tried this before and went racing and then came back to the road, perhaps it's a male bike menopause thing, so I'll keep you posted.

Hi

A friend and I both run HP4's as track only bikes. As stated they are good out of the box, apart from the obvious fairings and crash protection, slightly shorter gearing is better, run race pads (I run Brembo RC but they don't last long), the slick mode works great. Bin the CAT, get the bypass kit.

i am also looking at the front fork sensing kit to allow separate rebound and compression setting. Apparently it's really good.

i also run Dunlop KR's slicks, mega although I ran D212 GP Pros last weekend and they were really good.

Forgot to ask if you changed the chain when you lowered the gearing and if you did front sprocket, rear or both?

Keen to keep the wheelbase the same length if I change the gearing.

Hi

Back