My new (to me) 2015 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2002sportevo

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
New member here showing off his latest purchase :welcoming:

Just a pity it's now November and likely to be sleeping in a warm garage for a few months....

20151106_231814_zpspqzqr9kz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Had a good run out last Sunday but too many damp leaves on the road and low sun when heading back home.....roll on 2016 :purplebananna:

Great man cave, the car looks minty too!
I don't like the exhaust with the red and white colours, cheapens the look of the bike, sell it to me :chuncky:

Haha...nice one Loupe !! - fired it up today with the Austin GP1 can - wow, it sounds awesome....

I've seen from your pics that you have a rather nice BMW (car) as well !!!

The car you can see in the garage is a 1975 BMW 2002Tii (fitted with an M3 Sport Evolution engine - the original 4 cylinder one)......the days of no traction control, light car, rear wheel drive and plenty power = FUN !

Gets some pics up of your 2002!! I have a GP1 fitted to my bike too, they look and sound fantastic :friendly_wink:

Haha...nice one Loupe !! - fired it up today with the Austin GP1 can - wow, it sounds awesome....

I've seen from your pics that you have a rather nice BMW (car) as well !!!

The car you can see in the garage is a 1975 BMW 2002Tii (fitted with an M3 Sport Evolution engine - the original 4 cylinder one)......the days of no traction control, light car, rear wheel drive and plenty power = FUN !

The M135i is a pocket rocket and great fun but I rarely use it as my wife always has it!
Your car sounds awesome, get some pics up!

Superb! Did you do all the work yourself or buy it like that?

The car is a 1975, my Dad bought it in 1978 and used it as the 'family car' ! It was then my Mum's car for a while and then laid up as a typical rusting 1970's car. I put it back on the road in 1988 (when I turned 17 and passed my test !) and it was an on-going project that I worked on and spent many thousands of pounds on. The major transformation came in 1995 when I sourced an original E30 Sport Evolution 2.5l engine (extremely rare) from Germany and fitted that along with loads of other upgrades / modifications. The guy who was building my race engines at the time did the engine transplant as there was a lot of fabrication work involved etc but I have done most of the other work myself.

Here is a picture of it next to my M3 to let you see how much modern cars have grown !

Last edited:
Amazing that the car was kept all these years and that you have built it up again. Thankfully my father never kept the Morris minor for me to redo that to it.
Looking at both cars it really shows you how far things have moved on.
Enjoy them both.

Wow amazing photo's and good background story to owning the car. A BMW fan then but what else is there....

Back