Motorsport going yellow.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boardsofnorfolk

Reaction score
I've noticed now,that the tank and plastic cover are starting to turn yellowish? Doesn't look as white! Now I never clean bike when hot and use the same polishes on all panels,but I've just noticed these areas looking different. I'm going to take it to dealers and see what they say. Anyone else with a Motorsport have this problem? I may try and take some pictures.

I'm trying to get a decent pic so you can see it. It's more noticeable on the folds in the plastic,it's nowhere near as white as the rest of the bike.

Ok this is the best I can do,is so hard to notice using camera,buts it's there! Even the woman noticed it!

bdcda727.jpg

Ok wanted to update this for a while,I found out what made my bike yellow! It was Mantis waterless cleaner! Avoid it on white paint! It fucked my Motographix Aswell,but I was lucky they replaced it for me,got all yellow tinge out now,but thought I'd give heads up. It's great for the radiator and plastic,but not on white,also going to replace my Stomp pads because they are yellow!

fatbob link=topic=657.msg12128#msg12128 date=1345326636 said:
I thought it might be from the radiator in the living room
Lol,it went yellow before that heater was ever on. It was Defanlity the Mantis because the bike is bright white now! ;,)

Back