Saved it on my knee-not pleasant at all!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GS TRV

Reaction score
Went for a run last Sunday with my brother and his mate. As we approached a roundabout I tipped it in and felt the nice sound of knee slider on Tarmac. All proceeded well until about half a second later when the rear let go and I started a bizarre hang off the inside routine and then got sde of my boot down and part of my ankle!!!

I felt the bike fall more on my knee and I thought oh crap this is it!!! Oddly the bike seemed to lift up and I had to tip in again to avoid overshooting the roundabout and it stepped out again!!! Crap!!! This time I managed to hold on and just about make it round the exit from the roundabout at which point I pulled over,switched off ignition and let out a BIG sigh of relief. My brother who saw it all was convinced I was off twice and couldn't believe when he saw me still upright.

I have NO idea how I managed to stay on and didn't even have time to roll off the throttle. FYI speed was 30-40 in 2 gear on a smooth arc on a steady throttle.

We inspected the rear tyre and it wasn't covered in diesel or anything so I can only put it down to cold road surface temp as we had been riding for an hour before reaching the corner.

Overall, what a lucky boy I am. This weekend I will be out cycling and the Beemer can have a weekend off!

Trev

Oh my word... that truly is a brown trouser moment. Good to hear you and the bike are okay.

Oly1000rr link=topic=654.msg6207#msg6207 date=1332622897 said:
dont you hate it when you have a moment and cant really put it down to anything?

Absolutely. If I'd been going like a headase I cd understand it but this was totally out of the blue. I've been riding 25 yrs and this was my closest shave.

V glad to be able to go to the TT in one piece.

Back