Proper Suspension Setup

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpuss

Reaction score
Quick question as I've had the HP4 on track this year.

Has anyone had their DDC, springs, oil air gap etc setup specifically for their weight riding style etc and if so whereabouts?

I've had all my previous bikes, without DDC, properly setup but I'm unsure who people recommend and who's the ninja with the DDC!?

Thanks.

Not had mine done but interested too....searched a bit but cat find anyone thats done an hp4 in the UK. Quite a few bikes in the US using wilder springs.

DDC Suspension Setup

Give MCT Suspension a call or contact Prime Factors Racing. Both have experience with DDC suspension setup.

Wilbers Suspension

The other option is to remove the DDC front forks and rear suspension and send them directly to Wilbers Suspension in Germany. They offer a complete rebuild service to suit weight and riding style which retains full DDC functionality; but at a cost. You will need to contact them directly by emailing [email protected]

Re: Wilbers Suspension

Excellent thanks very much for the info, just what the doctor ordered!

Prime Factors Racing

I've always received a prompt reply to any emails that I have sent them and whenever I've ordered parts their customer service has been brilliant.

went on an eybis.com track day they have bmw suspension technicians there you can work with to set you suspension up ,free of charge to bmw owners , and troy corser is there to help you ride it harder ,

Booked my 15 S1000RR into MCT. Likely to be softer front springs and harder rear. Standard is impossible to set decent sag

MCT Suspension

I would be very surprised if you get the bike resprung when you are there. The last discussion that I had with MCT is that they did not have springs available to suit DDC as the the likes of K-Tech and ?hlins do not readily manufacture them. MCT may however be able to make a bespoke set for you but hopefully they may now have some available. The only place where I have found front and rear springs made specifically for DDC is alpha Racing. They can supply DDC front fork springs in 10, 10.5 and 11 n/m and rear shock springs in 9.5 and 10 n/m. Having spoken directly to alpha Racing they can supply a set on special order but they are certainly not cheap. Likewise Prime Factors Racing have offered to source a set for me as well in order to avoid shipping costs. It has taken me an entire season on track to setup my DDC to a point where I am confident with the feeling generated by the front end on corner entry. That said I am of the opinion that my bike would benefit from a change in front fork spring weight and this will be done over the winter.

Back