Lazy Painter ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fkkr1s

Reaction score
So after being out in a major downpour a few weekends ago, the bike was as muddy as a muddy thing sitting in a puddle of mud! I cleaned her up the best I could but there was still issues going on with the front brakes so I stripped the whole lot down the other day to clean everything up good and proper.

Look what I noticed when I removed the front mudguard... I think who ever painted up this was was a lazy git with the masking !!!

IMG-20120317-00302.jpg

IMG-20120317-00303.jpg

At least the callipers and the whole front is nice and clean now, with now funny noises 8)
Shame about the many many fiddly bits and cut on my fingers :-X

I dont think the bother with the finish under there Frank, not usually seen.

Think mine may be similar.

As much as I love the rr the build quality is poor. The paint is very thin and any small scratch goes through to the black plastic. I purchased a rear seat cowl and the fit is crap, (this has been mentioned by others) I recall that in some bike mag they mentioned the wheels were made in China and I reckon so were many other parts!!! :eek:

What other bike manufacture paints the underside of the front guard? None I doubt,even my sp had loads of over spray in the fairing,and the tail was worse. Although I agree some of the paint is iffy,which I've mentioned,because the tank cover is going yellowish! But I don't agree with build quiltly being bad,not sure what bike you have,but my s1rr is fantastic build,it's one of the reasons I liked it so much,if it was bad why did you buy it? All these reasons go into buying a motorcycle,and the test ride comes last in my view.

Yeah you should own a Kawasaki. My Zed 14 you could see the primer. Just remember you lot paid an extra £450 quid for the privilege. ;D

As I said I Love the BM BUT am not blind to issues the bike may have. I've still got a R1 which I purchased new in 1999 and I can honestly say that I think the build quality is as good if not better than the Beemer apart from that it can't COMPETE! i'll put up with a few niggles as soon as I press the start button ;D ;D

Back