Heated grips

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Finding things out as I go.. my RH grop is considerably warmer than th LH .

Spoke to dealer who says this can be adjusted by way of reducing the current on the RH one... anyone had same problem

Last edited:
Nope , both of mine are toasty. As i found out this morning

Hi Stuart, I have bad circulation in both hands and ride at all times with my heated grips on full. I have burned one out after 5 years and 45k miles, but replacements are cheap. I've never heard of being able to reduce the current but as pof said both should be hot. If the bike is ticking over and grips at full heat with no gloves on it is quite difficult to touch them as they are as hot as feck. You can test them with a thermometer to get a figure on them. I would think that it is more likely the left one is too cool rather that the right being too hot.

You've only had it a few weeks make sure the dealer sorts any problems under warranty, some of them are full of it.

JimmyMac

Forgot to say, have bike ticking over, both grips on setting one, feel them. If both same temperature ,turn to setting two, if right one is hotter and left is the same as setting one, left is fecked.

Spoke to dealer who says this can be adjusted by way of reducing the current on the RH one... anyone had same problem

No, that's not right as the other guys have said. Both should be the same.

I find the left is cooler, because my hand doesn't stay on it the same as the rhs throttle. The wind gets at it more and cools it and my glove.
Just my 2p.

Hi Alex, I can see what you mean whilst travelling, that can happen. I test mine sitting still ticking over with bare hands.
My feeling in my hands can be so bad that I once took a bike out for a demo and almost threw myself off the back. I was sitting up quite relaxed not really holding on with any great pressure and suddenly I was leaning back over the rear wheel with hands not on the grips. Without knowing I had twisted the throttle back slightly but could not feel either of my hands and wasn't expecting the surge of power! I shat myself and have always ridden with full heat even on hot days, it's a combination of Carpal Tunnel and nerve damage from a broken back. A funny sensation I now encounter is my right heel feeling as though I have just stood in a puddle of cold water, when in reality it is bone dry, this can happen any time and feels weird as feck.�� this is linked to my back injury.

PS give parachuting a miss. Haha

JimmyMac

:) - it was just a counter thought, sometimes things feel wrong but actually you're using them differently. A static test is the only way.

Parachute jumps should be followed by bungee drops to straighten it all out ;)

Haha....loved that story Jimmy... I shat myself last week when I was in a customers house.... No kidding... Well it was a shart to be exact...

I've biught a decent IR temp guage thing... I'll try it out over the weekend see what the temp diff is.
I've fallen for this also. I start the bike this time of the year and get it really hot. About 25 mins once a month. Vary the throttle which means I warm the the throttle grip a fair bit (need to get the engine cases well up to temp to stop condensation) Then when I turn the grips on I wonder why the the throttle grip is warmer than the left side. Numpty I am....

So I've still to check properly.... Once this shitey weather disappears.... Anyhoo Ive been reading back my posts and there's loads of typos...

Really need to stop posting using my fone.

Mine work. Fine👍

Have to admit, not very impressed with the heated grips on the mk3 I've used an IR temp gauge and it showing that both grips are sitting at 34*C at idle at the top setting, should they be warmer than this or is this normal I've never had them on previous bikes so not sure what to expect.!!

Back