My Double R Sport 2015

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty5364

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please excuse poor quality photos.
01%20CollectingNewRide23Sep_zpsiua9qtmg.jpg

I finally took delivery of my new ride and couldn?t stop smiling for a little while at least. It?s funny how you miss the little things when excited like the chain having very little adjustment left. However, I did remember to check for snagging of wiring loom on full lock and for no veering to left or right when on cruise control. My rear wheel was covered in the white grease from the chain after my short ride home, not very easy to clean.
02%20FittingTailtidy_zpsge7tgnmk.jpg

The next day I decided to start fitting some of the accessories I had already purchased. First on the list was a tail tidy from R & G. I am normally impressed with their products. But unfortunately, on this occasion the finish wasn?t perfect and the instructions for the electrical installation aspect were incorrect (wrong coloured wires).
03%20FittingCarbon_zps8ls16pa6.jpg

04%20FittingCarbon_zps8gswgnkj.jpg

Next up was the fitment of carbon fibre panels. Removing the rear section was not easy and I guess it would have been a lot easier if I had a workshop manual. Anyway, I have replaced chain guard, rear hugger, left and right tank cover, belly fairing and piece around rear light.
05%20HPRearsetsLightechEquipment_zpsiknjtqxw.jpg

06%20HPLevers_zpswoj9tmia.jpg

HP rearsets, folding levers not forgetting tank pad and stomp grip.
07%20LightechChainAdjusters_zpsnofo84jm.jpg

Lightech chain adjusters and crash protection. Incidentally, you will notice that I haven?t fitted front wheel axle sliders as yet. As I am a little unsure on the correct fitment of the front right-side wheel slider due to the attachment being round and the internal spindle being hexagonal. Have emailed provider for clarification and am waiting for reply.
08%20FinalCheck_zpswbcgbg7f.jpg

09%20Readytogo_zpsnnqckqas.jpg

Ready for first proper ride.

New S1000RR

Very nice; especially the subtle carbon fibre additions.

Looking very good. You keeping the zaust ?

I particularly like the carbon tail section, don't see many of them, and it suits the rest of the bike, nice job. I know what a pain the arse that section is to remove and install, good effort!

Looking really nice, what carbon have you used? I was thinking about replacing my tail section but was wondering how good the fit would be as the standard plastic flexes a bit.
Cant remember the Lightech sliders being difficult to fit so maybe you have a wrong part supplied?
Get out and enjoy!

Nice! Notice the short throw rear stand, is that not heavy to lift with less leverage? Mate has one on his zx10, takes you by surprise lol

Thank you all for your comments,

I’m still unsure on which direction to take in terms of exhaust. At present I am favouring a complete exhaust system change, possibly an Austin Racing GP3 with V3 titanium can or similar. But must confess to being a little apprehensive about what is required in terms of maps etc. The stock exhaust will suffice for now as the exhaust note accompanied with those pops certainly bring a smile to my face.

The carbon fibre components were sourced from Superbike24 in Germany. I chose this route for a number of reasons; quality, weave pattern and the strong pound against the euro. They also gave me discount on the components as they deemed them to be a project. My order arrived in five days and was packaged extremely well. As expected I had to use the original grommets, fasteners and add three strips of metal foil tape to protect the lower panels from exhaust heat.

As previously stated, I am disappointed about the Lightech front right axle slide attachment. The round attachment doesn’t expand and attach secure enough to the internal hexagonal axle. I’m thinking of modifying both left and right my manufacturing a bolt shaft that will run the complete length of the front axle unless some can explain where I am going wrong.

The photo below is of the accompanying diagram and the front axle sliders, note the left fits and works as the diagram.
Lightech%20Diagram%20Front%20Wheel%20Axle%20Sliders%2002_zpsxprdirtj.jpeg

Any positive thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Can't say I'm impressed with the lightech method of attachment you describe above. The R&G ones I use look less bling but have a connecting rod through the axle end to end.

Yes I preferred the R&G ones for fitment but prefer the look of the Lightech ones. At the end of the day they are there for protection so I hope I don't find out how good/ bad they really are.

Back