Headlamp bulbs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Anyone replaced or upgraded driving and headlamp bulbs.... I usually upgraded my blades and 10rs to superbright bulbs..

Any H7 55w bulb will do.
Personally I bought Philips "X-Treme Vision" bulbs which claim to have a 130% longer beam length.

Otherwise, if you'd like to go HID then I would look for a H7 Plug and Play, 55w, Slim Ballast kit with a 4-6000k bulb for the Dipped light only and stick a good H7 in the high beam.

HID isn't suitable for High Beam as it has a warmup time and does not flash well.
Once you're done with that some whiter side lights will complete the look.

This is the setup have; 55w 5000k HID, Philips H7 XtremeVision High Beam, "Canbus" White LED side lights.

Anyone replaced or upgraded driving and headlamp bulbs.... I usually upgraded my blades and 10rs to superbright bulbs..

As per what Alex says. The 55w will burn out faster. I use a 55w for high beam and 50w for standard beam for that reason.

You will have less issues without the LED sidelights. Philips W5W White visions will be a safer bet.

Stevie got them on Amazon... I can't get a link on this tablet. W5W. And H7 +130. I paid 6 quid for sides and 23 for the main... Huge difference ... Really crisp white colour..
Stuart

Back