servicing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Hi...so I finally DONE IT. Signed up for an HP4... Get it next week....anyhow in the passing chat yesterday...I was a bit concerned about a comment regarding possible chain and sprockets at next service....mine has done 4k. Next annual is march 16.... What servicing and costs has anyone else experienced can I ask ?

I get it that it's a performance machine.. I've had blades gixxers and a 10r.... Just don't want to get raped when I fire it in for a service.. Read with real interest the front disc story where the dealer said they were below tolerance.....typical rip off..

The chain comment concerned me..

Mine has done 9k and the chain and sprockets are fine. Depends on how it has been looked after and abused. Servicing costs are in line with the standard sthou. Mine has been through year 1 & 2 servicing and I don't recall any scary costs.

Hi Stuart, mines is booked in on the 1st October for its annual service and it's done 12000 miles. I changed the chain and sprockets at 10k but only cause I had stretched the chain a bit. Done the pads last week myself and am waiting with interest to see what they say about my discs. I bought a micrometer the other day and will have it with me, if they try and tell me my discs are goosed again I will ask them to prove it.
As Soofsayer mentioned servicing is nothing too dramatic.
As far as chain and sprocket price went, I supplied a new chain and jointing link and the front sprocket, to supply the back one and fit the items they took ?249 off me. Apparently the servicing manual states that the sprocket bolts are one use only?

You have an awesome machine, enjoy it.

JimmyMac

Aye cheers jimmymac and soothsayer.... That's reassuring.... I get the wear...replacement depends on abuse it gets... I wonder how they gauge that the chain is worn...I presume its based on the swing arm adjusters or some sort of template for the teeth on the sprockets...I was of the understanding if a chain was more than 2% stretched it was effectively fxxxed.... So there's little room for scope.. Anyhow ive a cracking digital micrometer cost 8 half quid from Aldi....you don't need to spend much more that man.

I changed the chain and front sprocket at 25.000km. Rear sprocket will be changed in about next 10.000km, I am at 30.000 km at the moment and the bike is at service today and tomorrow.
Spark plugs are being exchanged, fork oil exchanged, valve clearance checked, oil, oil filter and air filter changed. It will cost around 500 €.
I change oil and oil filter every 5.000km, not really necessary, but it doesn't cost much, so I rather do it the old school way. The tyres are changed every 5.000 to 5.500km.
Will see what they say tomorrow, if there are any unexpected costs at this service.

Back