This was me at Almeria recently losing the front.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't on the brakes at all mate, just holding a constant throttle. Very fast downhill front went with no warning, taken half the chicken peg away lol.

Well done for not panic crashing. Keep the wheels spinning and you can get out of most situations! :)

They can always be repaird �� Get mine back next week�� What do u think happend?
Dean

Interesting that our friend Dave had almost exactly the same happen to him on an RSV4, same corner, also on Pirelli Supercorsas, except he was not able to save it like you did Marzy.

Have you any plans for your next trip to Almeria ?

Hello again Mark
Yes we were on exactly the same SP tyres which is a road biased tyre lol. To go balls out at my age with big lean off's is so hard with the heat and everything else. I've learnt now to go for a banzai lap each session and not flat out every lap. It just so happens I was on a cool down lap so not going for it.
Club racers there were complaining on how slippery the track was. One of my mates on a Trumpet leaked oil on the track that morning...who know's
my plans next year Mark will be to get on the new Circuito de Andalusia which is right next to the Almeria track.
Have you seen the photo's from our trip on the this site?

Yes, I have, they look great :)

I would like to get a copy of the video you have following me, did you post it on Facebook ?

I have tried a couple of times to call, but I keep getting your voicemail.

I took my bike to the dealer on the way back from FE, they spent a couple of hours connected to the diagnostic computer, they decided to replace the lean angle sensor to fix my problem where I had no RH bank angle displayed, they had told me to get this done in Spain as the TC may not work correctly.

Seems to work OK now.

They also flashed the latest software updates to my bike, there were updates for the dash, ABS, TC and the quickshifter, I must say the brakes feel much stronger now (which has been a major concern for me) and the QS is now much quicker.

Maybe worth checking if there is an update for yours.

I am looking at February to go again to Almeria, as you say, hope to try the new circuit as well.

Everything goes light at that point, coming off the crest. Good save, that road sp's I take it? OOps just read they were lol. They're good but not that good.

Last edited:
Back