HP4 Carbon Front Discs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
After getting a new chain and sprocket fitted last month, my bike was returned to me with a visual health check sheet showing my front discs were 4.6mm thick with 4.5mm being the limit.
Dealer then tells me that its best to change the discs and pads together, which is only common sense, I agree that I will change them at the Annual service on the 8th October so that my Scottishness allows me to get closer to the 4.5mm limit. LOL and the estimate is around the ?1000 mark.

Bike is in at dealers on Friday for new tyres and the head Technician gives me it back and says "Your pads are almost finished, best change them asap" I laughed and said that they will be done in a couple of weeks when my discs get changed. I am then told that my discs are fine???? WTF

Today I took my bike to the engineering shop at work and got them measured. Front left disc - 4.95mm at minimum, front left disc - 4.88mm at minimum, rear disc 5mm.

Treble checked the measurements as I was so thrown by the dealers sheet, went home and bought Brembo pads from a really helpful guy called Jay from BikeTorqueRacing in Somerset and will be fitting them myself tomorrow night. Price was just under ?150 delivered.

I will never take a dealers word for anything anymore when it comes to what is and what is not needed.

Thing is I really like my local Dealer and have had many good experiences with them.

With the money I am not spending I am buying a top of the range Digital Micrometer.

JimmyMac

That's a bit shite to say the least. I'm getting a micrometer after reading that.

My favourite dealer has tried to rob me on two bike purchases in the last two months and both times I've gone elsewhere.

Back