Luggage formy s1k

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oly1000rr

Reaction score
gota trip coming up in a few weeks.
quite like the look of the bmw tail pack but ive heard that it scratches the fairing
on the bike.
ventura seems to be good, and holds the bag off the bike but involves fitting scaffolding to it.
any ideas or experiences with either of these would be appreciated.

I have bought the BMW tailback and tank bag. Both great fit. Just put some of that non slip matting stuff underneath or use some Gaffa tape to protect paint work

i've also got the bmw tailpack,looks and fits really well and is officially speed rated to 136 mph!
good advise about the paint,i'll keep an eye out for that.

I've never had a problem with it scratching the paint. Dont pull the 2 front straps too tight as then it can start to work forward.

Oly1000rr,

You don't by any chance bear a passing resemblance to Peter Kay, do you?

If you do, Chris mentioned you had picked up a S1K and were thinking about doing the Ardennes trip with Alastair. I'm doing Assen WSB at the end of April so can't make it.

I'm going to go for the Ventura kit for mine but it's not yet available for the 2012 Model. Ventura told me it will probably be another couple of months before it's ready.

I used the SW-Motech semi-rigid luggage on my Fireblade and although you need to gaffer tape the tail it works really well and doesn't move about at speed. Have a look at http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=133240921124302&ls=en&nc=1332409325-27068&rubnum=products.1252674507.hecktaschen&artnum=BC.HTA.00.302.10000&id=3&gesamt_zeilen=Tshowrub--products.1252674507.hecktaschen&typid=59031539 as an example. The top folds a lot flater if you only put a weekends worth of kit in it.

Allan Gray

i have the ventura kit , think its great.
Will probably be for sale after early may.
It's stable for as fast as the bike can go
know this I tested it.
Would put it on any bike

alreet allan!!!
yes its me, going on the ardennes trip , 4th may, with alastair.
interesting about the ventura not being ready. may have to get the bmw tail pack as its 6 weeks to ardennes. undecided on assen yet, prob do motogp if anything.

Sparky1171 link=topic=640.msg6147#msg6147 date=1332447343 said:
You should take a look at Kriega luggage. I have a US20 tail pack and find it a fantastic piece of kit.

I have a US20 and a US10 for sale on eBay. See the for sale section.

Got the ventura luggage on my 2011 s1000 also got pillion grab handle as well superb bit
of kit can highley recommend it :) :) :)

I went for the Mistral I which I really like I thought is was waterproof but it's not, it's only water resistant. It was torrential rain for a complete day and luckily I had everything wrapped in bin liners so nothing got wet. The web site now lists a storm cover which I'll get before the first trip next year.
Allan

I have the BMW tailpack and tank bags. They aren't very spacious, look bigger in the photos. Also they aren't fully waterproof, so be prepared for that if you get one.

Ventura mate. Used for last 3 trips to France and it's still like new. Over 4000 miles in total.

I find it strange that I've not seen anyone do what I've done, i.e. after reading the reviews on here, everyone complains that the black BMW S1K tailpack is too small and it leaks...or both! :neglected:
So for my trips this year, I bought a 'BMW Soft bag 2' instead, as it is the exact opposite of these complaints and it fits really really well to the bike:
IMG_6442.jpg IMG_6438.jpg IMG_6439.jpg IMG_6440.jpg

You should take a look at Kriega luggage. I have a US20 tail pack and find it a fantastic piece of kit.

+1 with sparky.

Have used my kriega us20 on several sports bikes, on trips As far as Switzerland and always been fantastic. Also Fits enough for a 5 day trip.....

I also would recommend the kreiga, it's secure, stable, 100% waterproof ( i can vouch for this) & if you pack smart you can get 2 weeks of gear inside.
77A4BA76-4E1A-4EFF-8672-427AD188FDA1-2779-0000035468937F83.jpg

Back