Hp4 will not rev

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDJ46

Reaction score
ive just picked up a hp4 track bike and when I turn it on, it won't rev past 2k and it revs really really slow. Does the hp4 have a restrictor for revving when engines cold?

So, I tried it again tonight and it was still doing the same thing. Noticed that the engine management light was on so presumed bike had gone into safe mode.

I ran it up to 70 degrees and switched it off. Left it for half hour and then tried again. Engine light is now off, bike revs fine, happy as larry.

I noticed that there is no built in diagnostic system on the hp4. I had a zx10 recently with diagnostics on the dash, not on the hp4 I take it?

Glad it's worked out for you, never heard of this before. Daughters car went into similar mode when copper washer failed on her diesel Mini and allowed air into injector.
I have a GS-911 for diagnostics, it's universal for all BMW bikes. If you are keen to keep the brand it's a good investment, I use mine on my HP4 and GS Adventures, saves a bit of money from the dealer.
enjoy your bike.

JimmyMac

Cheers Jimmy
Yes, I have been looking at these diagnostic units, I think it's worth getting one.
Cheers

No problem.
I've bought the gs911 tool and the bike Is off to Aragon on Saturday. I'll be out there from next Thursday so if it plays up, I'll plug in and see what the codes are. Hopefully it doesn't play up but let's see.

Back