Visordown 2012 Comparison

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a similar comparision in this weeks MCN. At the end of they still think the 2012 machine has upped the game but its entirely possible to get the same results on a 2011 machine by fitting the BMW HP kit at £2500 (gulp).

No geometry or steering changes and no suspension changes, make a superior difference to the bike, thought 2011 bike was good, 2012 is far superior, lighter throttle handy and traction control way less intrusive! Easier to steer - Brill bike!

I would like to ride a 2012 bike to see for myself if the Changes make a big difference,

my opinion is worth a lot more to me than someone elses... ;)

Phil

Picked up my new 2012 one of Friday afternoon and was thinking of taking the wings off. They are going to make cleaning and polishing the nosecone a PITA.

Allan

awg link=topic=613.msg6041#msg6041 date=1332235852 said:
Picked up my new 2012 one of Friday afternoon
Off topic, how you getting on with it?

Phil

A few Essex guys are meeting on Thursday eve, see meets.

Phil,

Really like it and so glad Honda couldn't deliver a Blade until May so I was "forced" to go for a test ride.

It's not perfect, the gear box is a bit of a dog. Seems more like a switch than a normal gearbox but that might just be down to the quickshifter. The quickshifter is lots of fun but I find using the clutch a lot smother unless it's hard on the power. The 9k rev limit is a bit of a pain at the moment. It just seems to hit the limiter at the wrong moment but not long to go before the first service. Just as comfortable as the Blade and if anything I feel my knees are very slightly less bent.

Crikey does it go. I thought the Blade was fast but this is in a different league, even restricted. It just wants to go round corners all the time. It tips in with a lot less effort than the Blade and looking at the size of my chicken strips I've still got a very long way to go.

Now done about 150 miles so still a lot to learn about it but so far I'm one very happy bunny.

I'll have a look at the meets section re Thursday.

Allan

awg link=topic=613.msg6047#msg6047 date=1332246201 said:
It's not perfect, the gear box is a bit of a dog.

The are all a bit knotchy at first, will get better with miles

Crikey does it go.

Are you in for a nice surprise. They dont get going until 9k revs :)

Now done about 150 miles so still a lot to learn about it but so far I'm one very happy bunny.

Glad to hear it :)

Allan, just had mine serviced and wowwww ;D ;D ;D, was getting frustrated at being limited myself after a while, light kept going nuts at me half way round a bend!? the wait though.....is worth it

i cant justify a 2012 over my 2011 tbh most peeps couldnt tell the difference imo and a few cheap tweeks would put a 2010/2011 on par with the 2012 easily i think...stiffer springs/heavier oil, bigger rear sprocket,and spring mod on throttle housing,and gut the cat or get a bypass pipe for it and a lighter race battery would make it lighter than a 2012,as for the tc i find it's ok as long as its in slick mode for me anyway.....

Back