Sport touring tyre recommendations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser2

Reaction score
Hi, I have a week of "spirited" riding coming up on the continent and would like something that would last better than the frankly ridiculously low mileage from the s20 Bridgestones on it, great tyre but way too short lived.

I was thinking maybe Bridgestone T30? What has anyone else used? :)

Hi Fraser, In 2012 I took an S1000RR on a set of Metzeler K3 tyres around 5000 miles to a wedding in Poland via a quite ludicrous route which involved virtually no motorways. I somehow managed to make them last the whole journey, the photo is from the top of the Stelvio Pass in Italy after a touch of off roading up the Umbrial Pass in Switzerland. They were brand new when I set off and were through to the mesh when I got back. I still laugh when I think of passing some GS riders off road, they caught up with me at the top of the Stelvio and thought I was mental. LOL

I believe the Metzeler M7RR is a good long lasting sport tyre for the road? Could be worth a try....i'm on K3s which don't last ;ong so i'm gonna try the M7RRs next.......have fun whatever you choose! ;-)

M7RRs are good, good in the wet and long lasting. Loads of very recent threads about them and others.

I have currently got my HP4 in Austria and have had a chance to ride some of the high and curvy alpine passes on two sets of tyres. The originals were Rossa Corsas which have been tracked and done 2k on total and nicely bedded in. I found the tyres brilliant at Silverston but they slipped on sharp left turns when riding through back roads in France and also in some of the steep turns here in Austria. I whipped them off on Monday and replaced them with the M7RR's and I am mighty impressed. I have ridden a couple of hundred miles on them and they are rock solid. They grip is spot on and really confidence inspiring. I have just ridden the back roads between Bregenz and Warth and too many sharp bends to count. Big smile on my face as I write so the tyres get the thumbs up from me!

I have currently got my HP4 in Austria and have had a chance to ride some of the high and curvy alpine passes on two sets of tyres. The originals were Rossa Corsas which have been tracked and done 2k on total and nicely bedded in. I found the tyres brilliant at Silverston but they slipped on sharp left turns when riding through back roads in France and also in some of the steep turns here in Austria. I whipped them off on Monday and replaced them with the M7RR's and I am mighty impressed. I have ridden a couple of hundred miles on them and they are rock solid. They grip is spot on and really confidence inspiring. I have just ridden the back roads between Bregenz and Warth and too many sharp bends to count. Big smile on my face as I write so the tyres get the thumbs up from me!

HEEEEEE im from Austria :biggrin-new:

I've used rosso corsas on my last couple of bikes - do a couple of track days a year and a big 2000 mile tour week. fronts are no problem, will just about do 2 backs, which are good for 3-4000 miles.
had some racetecs k1 on front and k2 on rear, nice but back only good for 2,000. I have had a diablo corsa down to the wire on the back after 4500 miles but a 500 mile day up the motorway from Annecy was what killed it, (120+ cruising)

hellrider, I have a home in the Vorarlberg so perhaps you will know just how briliant some of the high back roads are. Riding style needs a change geeting used to those sharp blind corners both up and downhill !!

Back