love the bike DESPISE the badge

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete-m

Reaction score
love the bike DESPISE the badge
Just looking back over the last yr and having owned several 1 ltr s/bikes and being out there riding them for over 8 yrs last yr was a very different experience something i never contemplated when going from gsxr to s1rr.When i bought my last gixxer 1st new bike i had payed outright i left the shop that day buzzing in fact i buzzed all that yr ,buying the s1 was different still bought outright but left the showroom thinking god what have a done something inside me was saying this is wrong the bike was minted but bmw what have you done well i soon started to find out.
tbh it took a good bit of the fun out of having it ,from regular wk/ends out with some m8's to out on own all because of a badge.
think the s1rr is the best bike that i,ll ever own as for the badge well i never wanted it ,but it came with the bike ,in my opinion up until the s1 came on the market most people that owned a bmw bike [Scotland everyone] have a middle name, and were from another planet where bmw owners live .
the weird thing is s1rr owners don't belong to that planet maybe i shouldn't have bought one , the only thing is i love the bike but don't like getting treated like an alien .
now the s1rr is mine and they don't like you touching or changing anything on it,for some weird reason planet bmw still think the bike's still there's and only they can authorise the use of a non standard part ,
like akrapovic or should it be [BMW akrapovic ].
over the last yr I've seen a lot when out on s1 especially the places where i used to stop when out on my gixxer , its went from everyone being in the one big s/bike club to me on my s1 and them, god i felt it [the alien] does it ring any bells lol!, only now looking back i can see the big picture the badge didn't fit into the sports bike culture ,even though the s1 was the best out there , everyone just seen the badge.
Things have changed a bit since then 1st of all fuc bmw and there authorized parts, fitted arrows ti headers and link pipe to my akra slip-on sounds great, power commander fitted sounds even better going up the box, some blue flames popping out the back going down the box arcs cf belly pan custom seat, racetec k2's that bmw said were not authorised to use [lol again]
As for the sport bike culture[save up and buy one] fuc them as well they better get used to seen the s1 for what it is and that the guy riding it only wants the best and probably the safest super-bike ever made , and the badge well that's all it is a £4 badge nothing else , now these things don't bother me in fact i get a buzz out of the bike now ,as its the way i want it and not the way bmw would like it. :eek:

Good Post, probably sums up what I thought when I bought mine (I still dont like the Badge ;)) but hey, what a Bike ;D

My S1000RR Badge

Phil

830926808_TWHb4-M.jpg

Phil,

Nice badge. I assume it's Photochopped. Now what about one with the Honda wings in it :) No hang on, I'm not sure BMW is reliable enough for that.

Allan

Phil,youve lost me matey , you've been alienated by your mates for buying an S ?
Is it cos you look out of place cos your paint isnt peeling off or you dont need a special bracket to stop the frame going west?
I know what you mean if people ask you what you are riding and you aint on it , you shouldn't really give a flying fuck what other people think and besides ze germans arent that bad are they really?
Its bit like most middle aged men saying skodas are shit cos their dad had an estelle that went rusty.sheeeeeesssshh!
I have to disagree about the akra stuff to , ok so i have an AR system and because i still run with the original headers and top valve BMW have no issue with it and it wouldn't affect the warranty .......I know this cos i just rang them and asked..
I can only assume your'e having a 60's flashback and the world is weighing your bike up with unapproving eyes........

They clearly have no idea what they are talking about and probably haven't been on one.......Fuck em!!
they just haven't arrived yet ::)

fatbob link=topic=609.msg5854#msg5854 date=1331729966 said:
Phil,youve lost me matey , you've been alienated by your mates for buying an S ?
No no no, I just really dont like the Badge, I dont like the colour of the Badge. I went to the Cologne Bike show and went on the huge BMW stand where I got to talk to some of the guys that designed the S, I asked if they could produce a New Badge with a Red n White colour scheme instead of the Blue n White, 'Never' was the reply.... ;D ;D

fatbob link=topic=609.msg5854#msg5854 date=1331729966 said:
I know what you mean if people ask you what you are riding and you aint on it , you shouldn't really give a flying fuck what other people think and besides ze germans arent that bad are they really?
;D ;D ;D I dont really give a flying Fcuk what people think Bob, and I can tell you that most Germans are good fun and do have a sense of Humor but, the german I lived with for 7 years struggled with my sense of Humor ;D Ok, so what, I mentioned the War every now n then but it didnt go down well ;)

awg link=topic=609.msg5845#msg5845 date=1331714691 said:
Phil,

Nice badge. I assume it's Photochopped. Now what about one with the Honda wings in it :) No hang on, I'm not sure BMW is reliable enough for that.

Allan
Its not photochopped Allan, I stuck the Yam sticker on it cos I dont like the Blue n White.
The Honda Badge on the Blade is just as bad, looks like it should be on a car, similar size to our BMW badge... ;)

Pete, only increased conversation whereever i go fella, cant get away sometimes. Think the S thou is well accepted in the sports bike circles. I have noticed though, other non S thou BMW riders looking down their noses. Wouldnt want to tar them all this way and they are probably the few who look down their noses ay everyone anyway. They do have a reputation for snobbery up here. The only people who give me any real grief are my closest mates and its well deserved and very tongue in cheeks. They even got the lady at the burger bar to make me a cucumber sandwhich, instead of my usual bacon, sausage, tom and mushroom....BA####ds ;D ;D ;D

Only negative stuff ive heard is from idiots who say "nahhhhhhh dont need a bike full of electronics to do the riding for me" ::)

Could it be that people assume you are a minted posh boy having a BMW. Not me its on the never, never.

same here im not bothered what anyone thinks! if u ride then u are welcome as far as im concerned

for me its like having an iphone,i know i'm better than everyone else,they just wont admit it! 8)
they're lust jealous,they'll get over it and probably buy themselves s1's.
in a few years,all the inteligent riders will have them.

n.b,i don't have an iphone.

Not had any grief down this way... everyone loves the bike and any comments are then qualified with 'we're only exceptionally jealous Hanna'.

First test ride was with a good friend who also has a BMW bike... maybe us true southerners are all just too posh to notice? ;)

think am learnin : [you either have it or you don't ] they dont lol nowi just need to practise the i do bit ;D ;D ;D ;D and i'm gettin a iphone

Always thought BM's were ridden by old farts,Ive had mainly R1's my last one was my dream bike red/white 07, white gale speeds ,all the akro carbon no black plastic & full ti system power commander race tuned the absolute dogs bollocks a real head turner every one came to look & take photos.
Then the heart/& back break getting knocked off and bike totalled the insurance were dicks had to get my own lawyer to sue for the parts.
Anyway all the rest of the 1000cc bikes are fugly & you need to fettle like mad to make nice & yes did own a ducati NEVER again!!

So bought it while under the morphine haze....at least you don't have to look at the front whilst you're riding it! I have to say its grown on me , its more comfy than the r1 so can ride for longer & harder, cheaper to run, uses tyres better. The best bit of all you can still ride it in the rain without shitting your self .

try being a girl and riding a 1ltr sports bike. badge doesn't matter. i get asked if i got a note off my mum to buy it and "that's big bike for a girl" etc etc etc.

the bike is ace. the badge confirms it's ace. road jap crap and italian previous. this is the best. looks the best. rides the best.

Stargirl link=topic=609.msg6265#msg6265 date=1332792142 said:
try being a girl and riding a 1ltr sports bike. badge doesn't matter. i get asked if i got a note off my mum to buy it and "that's big bike for a girl" etc etc etc.

the bike is ace. the badge confirms it's ace. road jap crap and italian previous. this is the best. looks the best. rides the best.

Or my favourite - what did you have to promise your boyfriend to get him to lend you his bike?

Hanna link=topic=609.msg6268#msg6268 date=1332793434 said:
Or my favourite - what did you have to promise your boyfriend to get him to lend you his bike?

HAHAHHAHA nice.

I had a group of blokes waiting with a mate as when he said i was meeting him and rode an R1 (at the time) they didn't believe him and wanted to see if it was true ::)

Back