Taylor Made Exhaust System

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Hi All.

Has anybody had a Taylor Made Full Exhaust System for their S1000RR
I was thinking of Selling my Akrapovic Slip On and Buying a Taylor Made.
I have seen them in the States for about £980 Inc Shipping but if I get Clobbered with Import Duties etc it works out to £1200+.
Anybody know where I can get 1 in the UK and what's the best Price.

All The Best.
Brian

I'm sure there is someone in Nottingham selling them. Have a google. Must admit I have looked at them and they seem good.

Yeh, I think there is a guy selling them in Nottingham too. Plus there's a good YouTube installation video.

I looked at loads of different ones, the stubby Akra looks great but isn't road legal & would invalidate the warranty. So yesterday I bought a full LeoVince Factory 'R' exhaust system that was on sale from Moto GP in Manchester, £875.

thats a decent price for a full system matey
why would anyone buy the taylor system if it makes no difference...... madness

Thanks for the Replies so far.
Power wise, It depends where you read the Reviews.
Text Below Copied from the Taylormade Website:-
Taylormade spotted an opportunity when they laid their eyes on the new BMW S1000RR - they spotted an opportunity for one of their famous underbelly GP Style exhaust systems.

•At mid-range (without the db killer) power is increased by 10% (8hp)

•Simply by removing the standard exhaust, you'll enjoy a weight saving of 6.8kg

•Produces 107dB (no dB killer fitted)

•Produces 103dB (with the dB killer fitted)

The result of Taylormade's interaction with the BMW is a sleek, lightweight exhaust system that simply exaggerates the natural beatuy of this motorcycle.

Complete with real carbon fibre trims for each side of the BMW, the Taylormade System simply allows the S1000RR to shine.

By fitting the BMW Taylormade Exhaust, you're achieving notable power gains - correct. Ultimately and more excitingly however, the Taylormade enables the S1000RR to really stand out from the crowd. This sleek underbelly exhaust redefines the way the entire machine meets the eye, and that's the unique selling point.

Firstly I'm not after Power Gains, lets face it the Bike has more Power than most people are capable of using anyway, No Offence, Just my Opinion.
I just like the Look of it and the sound Clips I've heard on Youtube are pretty Impressive.

Cheapest I've found in the UK so far is £1091.55

All The Best.
Brian

Bought one when they first came out - look brilliant - but mega problem. Had the exhaust professionally fitted and set up with a power commander. After much mapping, including their map, we finally gave up as there was an overall power loss of 34 bhp.

Spoke to Taylor people and they couldn't explain the problem. When you look at it its obvious that you're going to loose power. two inlets that match the down pipes into the box. One pipe out - the same size as one going in, i.e. 50% outlet compared with inlet!

Get one and get someone to replace the outlet with a bigger one.

Looked great
Sounded great
Fitted well

Power - big loss

Have not put a PCV on yet but at the moment deffo no power loss if anything mid range picks up quicker.

photo-3.jpg

I also had a power loss when I fitted a system, it turned out to be the very wank baffle, took it out and it was fine
Interesting to know someone else had a similar problem , embarrassingly I never noticed the power loss :eek:
I
Do reber noticing the big fuck off CAT not being on the bike though :)
To be fair the standard pipe does a good job but it sounds like a car to me

Back