Chain Tensioner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren jones

Reaction score
Hi all have taken the bike back to local dealers it a 14 plate with 1000 miles on the clock. There has been a ticking noise coming from the right hand side of the engine above 3000 rpm they have said its quite normal with this engine as they are noisy anyway. To be fair they said if I was un happy they would get a technical bloke from headquarters to listen I have a good relationship with them should I go with there word as they know the bikes and I don't want to waste there time from headquarters with the same answer it still has warranty so no problems. My mates have said it almost like a dry clutch but not so loud or a leaking exhaust but they are non bikers. Any advice would be grateful

Cheers

Darren

Mine sounds like a sewing machine at certain low revs in 2nd...others i have tried sound the same too. Don't think it's a problem. Something to do with the valvetrain.

Mine sounds like a sewing machine at certain low revs in 2nd...others i have tried sound the same too. Don't think it's a problem. Something to do with the valvetrain.

Second gear very whiny on my 2015 too. Most 2015 onboard vids seem to sound the same, so I guess they all do that.

Back