600 miles service

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren jones

Reaction score
Hi all just ad the service done and they said there was a lot of software upgrades to do one of them was the quick shifter I had a problem with this when it went in as it didn't shift properly almost as tho it bogged and engine braked before engaging. Also you feel and hear the whole mechanism when changing. Bmw said on the service the computer showed no problems and with the new software should be better but it's not. Would it be because it still all a bit tight. Also now they have taken the restrictions off I am sure it's much louder from the exhaust and the engine. Is this all normal or should I take it back

Hi Darren,

I haven't experienced what you are describing with the QS and I have had my bike since July 13. On mine, using the QS has always been continuous acceleration, sometimes with a tiny blip between gears at lower rpm. Like butter most of the time.

Hi Darren, the mechanic should have test ridden your bike after the service, if he did I'm sure he would have noticed anything wrong. If your not happy take it back and tell them.

Yeah mine is awful on low rev with large throttle openings, almost like its spitting back. Beyond 5000 rpm its fantastic.

Back