The dreaded insurance renewal!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can6

Reaction score
Got my insurance renewal through and the envelope hit the mat that bit harder due to the extra digits making up the premium :'(. Being serious for at least a second, I went with MCE last year as they beat the BMW insurance renewal quite significantly. Their premium has now jumped up :mad:

I am now wondering what companies are quoting good rates for the S1K. I know other factors such as age, riding history makes a difference, but it seems that the Insurance companies take turns charging high premiums.

Any comments would be appreciated as it will cut down my search, trawling online :)!

Thanks

I've just renewed and it was the same as last year (BMW through Devitt). My bloody reminder got lost in the post and I didn't realise so the bike was uninsured for a week! So I got a requote which netted an instant 5% discount and ended up the same bar the excess has gone up £300!

unionjack link=topic=570.msg5501#msg5501 date=1331229183 said:
I've just renewed and it was the same as last year (BMW through Devitt). My bloody reminder got lost in the post and I didn't realise so the bike was uninsured for a week! So I got a requote which netted an instant 5% discount and ended up the same bar the excess has gone up £300!

Thanks. I believe you get free track insurance for trackdays organised by BMW. I'll need to give them a ring!

Thanks

I think you are covered by BMW on their official trackdays no matter what insurance but not sure. Their trackdays have a whiff of mothballs about them though.

Insurance and track days are two words that don't really sit well together!
Don't believe me, try and have a claim up!

Computer says no

I'm currently with MCE but will hunt round when its time for renewal. All insurance companies treat new customers better than current ones. I did notice that MCE advertised in Motor Cycle News track day insurance for £100 , but must admit haven't looked into the small print , there's bound to be a catch :eek:

Docta13 link=topic=570.msg5512#msg5512 date=1331233940 said:
Insurance and track days are two words that don't really sit well together!
Don't believe me, try and have a claim up!

Computer says no
This. ;)

Darren, Carol Nash have given me the best quote so far, almost £250 cheaper than MCE who are my current Insurers.
They must know something about your history ;D

carole nash quoted me £1300 online but then phoned me. came down to £480!!! fully comp. they asked what price to get the deal that day.
try phoning them and tell them to beat last years premium.

phil link=topic=570.msg5520#msg5520 date=1331240740 said:
Darren, Carol Nash have given me the best quote so far, almost £250 cheaper than MCE who are my current Insurers.
They must know something about your history ;D

Don't get me started about Carole Nash. When I sold the SV recently I lost 70% of the premium even though I used only 20% of the insurance's duration. I'm not using them out of principle...........unless their quote is super cheap ;D ;D ;D ;D

I saw Carole Nash were doing a £250 saving on their insurance for old age pensioner........must explain it ::)

Cheers all for the comments.

Try e-bike... they have just quoted my renewal on the BMW and it's come out at approximately 40% of what BMW quoted!

I've used them for a couple of years now and have to say the service is very good and prompt - best to do things online and via e-mail as the call charges are stupidly high, but the online system is very good and the emails are replied to quickly.

Not had to claim yet. They also have special track day and CSS cover day cover but DO NOT cover you for other people's bikes, even if you are fully comp.

Thanks for all the comments.

Finally renewed with MCE, but did not accept their original renewal quote. Phoned for a new quote and got it significantly cheaper, definitely worth the extra effort. BMW Ins was the next best. If I hadn't already been with MCE I would have gone to BMW.

hanna

sorry can i ask are you sure ebike do track day cover i know they cover css. but i did ask last year
and they said they do not do track day cover.

Got my renewal and it was halved eventually from last years amount......

Still paying £500 plus extras though. Garaged, Class 1 business use and 10k mileage this time. 4yrs NCB protected.

Insurers won't allow change of exhaust or levers :(

I had the same experience as Can6 with MCE when my renewal came through. The previous year( my first with MCE), i paid £230ish for fully comp on a one year old S1;when the renewal came through it had somehow gone up to £709!!!
i obviously questioned this and apparently only 2 of MCE's 45 brokers will cover the S1
i could not get them to budge at all so i cancelled the policy and am now with Bennetts at a much more reasonable £285
A couple of work colleagues have had similar experiences with MCE; it would appear that they are doing the old trick of offering a good price for the first year and then bump up the price for the second, hoping that some people will be too lazy to shop around and just pay up. You have been warned!

steveb175 link=topic=570.msg7233#msg7233 date=1335370751 said:
I had the same experience as Can6 with MCE when my renewal came through. The previous year( my first with MCE), i paid £230ish for fully comp on a one year old S1;when the renewal came through it had somehow gone up to £709!!!
i obviously questioned this and apparently only 2 of MCE's 45 brokers will cover the S1
i could not get them to budge at all so i cancelled the policy and am now with Bennetts at a much more reasonable £285
A couple of work colleagues have had similar experiences with MCE; it would appear that they are doing the old trick of offering a good price for the first year and then bump up the price for the second, hoping that some people will be too lazy to shop around and just pay up. You have been warned!

if you paid 230 for insurance it would of been sh*t!, at that money they all are.

now post an intro before i start deleting posts!!!!

lol doc

Back