ABS Pro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nozomi

Reaction score
Has anyone actually paid to have the ABS Pro upgrade? I asked my dealer about this and they quoted ?425, which was somewhat more than has been reported in the press. Seems rather a lot to me. Thoughts anyone?

Update: Another dealer has now quoted ?361 which was more in line with what I was expecting. Anyone got a lower quote?

Mine is being done when it is in for service in June or July. There is a thread on here on abs pro with prices we've been quoted. The service guys think I'm nuts, I'm the first one they will have done. BMW Germany supply the software directly to the dealer when it is ordered, which is chassis specific so they can't get the code and put it on other bikes. It also expires after 30 days if not used.

thread here
http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?4806-Abs-pro/page2

Last edited:
Thanks. Got the upgrade installed this week since bike had to go to dealer due to a !DDC error (still not fixed). ?350 fitted incl vat. Not too bad since BMW charge around ?325 for the software.
now just need to get the DDC problem sorted...

Is it really worth spending ?350 on? Got to get my service booked and cant decide if i want to walkout ?150odd lighter or ?500 lighter...

I had the same dilemma. I have decided to have the upgrade at the next service. It might save my life one day, the plan is never to find out tbh.

I'm getting the upgrade when the bike is in for service at the weekend. I hope I never need it, but I'd rather have it there just in case.

It doesn't just depend how you ride, you have to take into consideration road conditions, gravel, oil etc. On track is totally different according to what level you want, max or min..

I got this a couple of months back. After getting it fitted I deliberately grabbed a handful of front brake about half a mile from dealers at the first roundabout I went round at speed and it felt amazing. Well worth the money, your brain tells you not to do it but its fine. I now feel strangely cautious when in Race mode cause the ABS Pro is turned off? Didn't bother me before. Its kind of like getting an extra airbag.

Back