How many miles before fuel light on?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fino

Reaction score
I'm currently doing about 108 miles before the fuel light comes on. Countdown mileage is then another 35 miles.

My daily route is commuting into central London, so lots of filtering, average speed 30mph includes a section where might hit 60.

Have to fill up every other day.

I get almost identical numbers to you. Fuel light comes on around 105 to 110 and I get a countdown of between 30 and 35 miles. I also ride it to work every day with a return journey of 24 miles; about 18 of those on the M62. It usually takes just under £20 to fill it up from 5 miles remaining ao I think the countdown trip is quite pessimistic but I won't push it.

im about the same but the light comes on a bit early , have managed 170 miles on a tank a few times

How many miles has the bike done? I only fill up at Shell and I use 97 rather than 95. DO NOT USE SUPERMARKET FUEL, its piss.

I get on average 115 miles before the light comes on. That's ringing its neck!

I'm getting about 115 - 120 with 'normal' use before the light shows so about 45 to the gallon. Cruising in France I was filling up at 130 miles and the light never showed. It's amazingly frugal really. I had a tuned Firestorm that was doing 18 to the gallon!

Bike has done 3k miles, normally fill up with BP or Shell 95.

From my calcs, topping up when light comes on and filling up after 108miles. I can only put in 13 litres. Consumed 8.3 litres per mile or just under 38mpg. 'Remaining 4.5 litres' would have possibly got me a further 37 miles, so the countdown mileage for me seems quite accurate.

Wish I could do 170 to a tank but with my daily riding routes that ain't gonna happen.

I am the same between 105 - 110 the light will come on with about 32 to go. Daily commute is open 'B' roads and some 'A' roads. Don't do any city riding if I can help it. There is a benefit to living in the sticks :). Fill up wherever there is a filling station and never had any probs. 6000 miles since May 11.

I'm struggling with getting the miles on only 2800 since March. Not trying obviously or is it the wonderful summer

Wheee! Picked up my bike on Saturday - it had about 100 miles on it when the light came on (supplied with a full tank). I guess I rode another 10 or so before bottling it and heading for a petrol station! :D

If yours is a brand spanker, people generally find consumption improves once the crap oil is replaced at 600 miles. I did even though it was getting thrashed.

Sweet! They told me I could bring it in at 400 miles so that's what I'm aiming for! Up to 170 miles now, work gets in the way of riding :D

Mmm I'd have to say 100miles is my limit, with it being more like 90 on a spirited ride out.

U could always put a power commander and set it for max miles, then change it for ur more crazy rides ;).

Come on weather, warm up a bit.

Fuel light coming on just under 100 miles travelled on a full tank...nearly 10% loss for me.

Not sure whether sport mode is also a factor as been using that more than race due to the cold mornings and evenings.

Back