BKS made to measure leathers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up fella..sorted now

leathers set me back ?2300

What exactly is the issue with displaying a number plate in a picture?
The DVLA will NOT give out your registered address for the vehicle based on a call to them, for this exact reason. If you're worried about copy cat plates...it doesn't matter you are still the legitimate owner of them and they are on public display at all times anyway.
Am I missing something?

I would not display a reg number, if its cloned then used through cameras etc you have the leg work to disprove it. Maybe DVLA won't give the details out but some unscrupulous people can get hold of keeper etc from other areas like HPI, inc your address, makes locating a bike to steal a lot easier if its a specific model someone wants, and they don't have to follow you home and raise your suspicion.

Or they just see it out and about...and do the same...meh.

HPI do not give out the registered keepers name/address.

That's a good chunk of cash, but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run.
Did you have to go to BKS to get measured up?

Yes mate spent 3 hrs there getting measured, agree not the cheapest but when you put them on it's like they grew on you, and there fully customised to exactly how I wanted

those leathers look great mate, i have a set and worth every penny, on the plate issue your right not to disclose the number, not worth the risk especially on high end exotica like HP4's

If if there is no finance on the bike does that make any difference.

A dealer HPI will show all the details of the bike as it checks the full history IE colour changes number of owners etc, finance does show hence its worth a check if buying a bike.

I would never display a plate as its easy to get a copy made from a show plate company or ebay, if a bike is seen out its harder to remember the reg if its passing you, if someone is taking a photo of the reg whilst your out this would raise suspicion and the per on would no doubt be challenged.
Example
I could get the plate made from the photos put it on my HP4 go through numerous cameras at excess speed, the real keeper then has the hassle of proving that he was not the rider at the time when he has a HP4 with the same reg at his home address??

For a simple edit its not worth it.

nice leathers but don't like the price that's a lot of cash you could have had a airbag suit for that money

So im reading this as I want to buy a set of m2m for this year coming up and the chats turned into a number plate thing..lol

Anyhow BKS are too far away for me....Scott and AM are strangely in the same area.. near Durham...I can reach there in 3 hours... anyone used either

Last edited:
Back