R & G guards

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gray5208

Reaction score
Just going to fit R&G raidiator , and oil guard to my 2014 bike, what's the best way to do this ,
cable ties, bolt on ?
Do I have to remove the fairing
thanks guys

I did mine on my last bike. Easiest way is to remove the lower sections of the fairing, it makes it a lot easier to get the cable ties around the top of the rad

I loosened the fairing bolts around the rad and oil cooler and the guards went in easily enough. The cable ties around the top of the rad are a bit tricky as per Steveo's comment, but I found that bending them before threading them behind the bolt points made the job much easier.

I loosened the fairing bolts around the rad and oil cooler and the guards went in easily enough. The cable ties around the top of the rad are a bit tricky as per Steveo's comment, but I found that bending them before threading them behind the bolt points made the job much easier.

+1

No need to remove the fairings. As Soofsayer said, bend the cable ties in four places so they are almost square shaped as this will help grabbing the end as you push it around the radiator securing bolts. I used a long nosed pair of pliers to grasp the end and pull. It's an easy job.

All fitted today, thanks guys.... Bit of a twat really, but done
bring on the sunshine

Back